Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Next Year October 2015 - Save the Date

OK, I know I shouldn't be stirring the pot and trying to organize events when I've only registered to join this forum a few hours ago. But the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is the largest international hot air balloon event in the world. It's a week long and they have different events going on every day. They have 500-600 balloons that all go up in within a few hours, not to mention happy hour every day for those so inclined. How cool is that?

I'm sure many of you may have been there already. Wouldn't it be great to organize a large group of Grand Design travel trailer owners to meet up for the event one year from this October in 2015? The event coming up in October is already sold out for travel trailer spots, so we put 2015 on our bucket list to attend. Registration for 2015 opens up the week after the event this October. And you can register as a group to get spots together. You can read more about how they accommodate RVs and Trailers at their web site:

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/rv-information

For anyone who has been there, I would be very interested in hearing how it went and what you thought about the ever.

Thanks all,

Paul & Kris
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you guys (any of you) who need help setting up camping for the balloon fiesta. It's a great event.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Let me know if you guys (any of you) who need help setting up camping for the balloon fiesta. It's a great event.
    Ct..
    Chris, I've been doing some reading on their site and enquired about getting an early registration for the 2015 event. They said I was on their mailing list for early registration notification. I could certainly use some tips on the event as we have not been there yet. Paul
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We REALLY want to do this. We live in Arizona, and we've never been. The timing is just not right for us to go to this year's GD focused camping event, but we'd sure be up for the balloon fest.

Rizzles
    We lived in Albuquerque for 4 years and always looked forward to the Balloon Fiesta. I would highly recommend going if you have never been. Aside from the Fiesta there are so many other things to see and do in ABQ such as Old Town or taking a ride on the tram to the top of Sandia Crest. Additionally, Santa Fe is 60 miles up the road and is an easy day trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How's the weather in October in Albuquerque?

Steve

robertson2015
    October in Albuquerque can be fickle. Usually is is light sweater weather (60 to 70s) in the day. For the fiesta, plan on being out in dark and cold...bring a winter coat and gloves. Some years it rains a lot, some it snows. 2014 was a very nice weather year with only a few events cancelled due to rain or wind.

If you have a bad weather day...visit the tram or old town or a good restaurant ..there are plenty of things to see.

Lived her 30+years..and I still love seeing the balloons.

mandolin57
    If it were 2 years from now I would say yes in a heartbeat, but with still working full-time in PA, we would not be able to attend.....just a little too far for a vacation. It sure sounds like a lot of fun though, and wish we could do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were originally going this year but will be going to Coeur D'Alene instead. This means if all stays good you can count us in in 2015.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

funinthesnow
    We would love to see a GD rally on the west coast. We live in Colorado and could help pick a spot. In fact Colorado has many many beautiful places to have one. :-) The balloon fest in NM would be great as well. Just putting my two cents in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast