User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rrm3006

Exclamation Squeaky floors in new 380TH

Just picked up our new 2015 380TH today. A few relatively minor PDI issues at time of walk thru but once we got the unit parked at a campsite a few KM from dealer I noticed a SIGNIFICANT number of floor squeaks. A total of 10 separate major floor squeaks from the back of the garage to the bedroom. I will be calling the dealer on Monday. The squeaks are so bad that if I had noticed them at the dealer I would have refused delivery.

Has anyone had any success with the dealers fixing floor squeaks?

I would be interested in any info that you can provide.

P.S. We love this trailer's potential... We just hope that GD lives up to their claims to excellence in customer service and a quality products.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Rrm3006 and congratulations on our new Momentum!

Rrm3006
    Thanks Steve and Cill!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been in our 2015 380TH for almost a week. Haven't noticed any squeaks, but we will have to get a pin stabilizer as the rig definitely rocks when you're walking in it. We've also had small issues we've uncovered, but all of them have been fixable by us so far. We do have lots of suggestions for GD to do in the future which we'll relay when we're at the rally in September. I do think that all in all they've done a very credible job on the line and so far we think we'll be very happy living in it. Cannot wait to head out on the first leg of our 2014 travels. We'll be stationary until August 24th, then burning diesel for the balance of '14 and beyond!

Rrm3006
    Thanks for the reply. We haven't noticed much movement in the unit but the pin stabilizer will help. You may want to throw on some wheel chokes on those large tires.

Enjoy!,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I retract the "no floor squeak" statement. We cannot go up or down the interior steps without loud squeaking there and on the upper landing. We've not have an issue in the bedroom or living rm or garage. Is annoying and I don't have time to address it now. We're now full-timing in our rig and I really don't have confidence it's something a dealer will be able to address. Open to suggestions in that area. I've looked in the basement and may have to remove the basement walls to see what's going on.

We've had other dumb issues where things were installed incorrectly or broken but those I've addressed myself. Nothing major, but not the type of things you'd expect from a company focused on quality and looking to differentiate itself in the marketplace. We're definitely not as impressed with the fit/finish now that the rig is ours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had both the stair squeak and a floor squeak...both repaired successfully by the dealership.

Big Mike.
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Mike. Our dealer repair person is coming by this afternoon. I'll ask him to look at that as well.