User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Sisti View Post
    ...Excessive heat (i.e., too hot to hold hand on floor of vanity compartment) under bathroom sink.
    The heat has buckled the plastic floor ring guiding the water lines through the vanity floor...
    I just saw this post and I know exactly what is going on with your vanity floor.

Check out my video first.

Next check out these photos I took when I removed the vanity floor!
    Awesome assembly line practice and even better quality control at GD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	16362 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1551.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	16363

I vacuumed up the 5 lbs of sawdust, removed the piece of wall that they cut out and left laying on the floor, halfway covering the hole from the furnace which has NO ducting whatsoever. I bought some ducting at Home Depot and installed it myself and added some spray foam insulation around the plumbing. I didn't use the vent going into the bathroom since it gets radiant heat from the furnace which is right underneath the floor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	16364
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed
    Thanks for the pics and report. I have heard different times that an RV is a kit that the owner finishes.
    This practice is common across all lines but it sure would be nice if somebody would make a unit a little better than this but it all revolves around "how many we can make and how fast" to make as much profit as they can.
    Disappointing to say the least.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I just saw this post and your pics. Great job! I was wondering if you made the bedroom vent yourself? If not, where did you purchase it? I’m having the same difficulty and would like to try your idea! Thanks!
    Karen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excessive heat in bathroom vanity

I opened the bottom of the vanity and used ducting to redirect the heat to the vent area instead of the the whole underside. We no longer have excessive heat in that area!

Purchased new in September. Have read an older thread regarding excessive heat being held in the wall behind the hutch from the furnace. Some fixes included sealing of the furnace and installation of vents/fans in the hutch itself. We have the same problem but in a different location. Excessive heat (i.e., too hot to hold hand on floor of vanity compartment) under bathroom sink. The heat has buckled the plastic floor ring guiding the water lines through the vanity floor. Really worried about any other plastic or electrical lines being similarly affected that I can’t see. (I’m guessing the furnaces now are installed in the basement below the vanity.)

We are seasonal and will soon have no access to the RV from Nov 1 until April unfortunately, and as a result can’t get it in for warranty repair. I am skilled enough to install vents and get at the furnace to check for and tape leaks if that will solve the problem, but I’m less prepared to mess with wiring or run new ducts as some others have. Any suggestion? Anyone know how to locate the schematics for this trailer? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased new in September. Have read an older thread regarding excessive heat being held in the wall behind the hutch from the furnace. Some fixes included sealing of the furnace and installation of vents/fans in the hutch itself. We have the same problem but in a different location. Excessive heat (i.e., too hot to hold hand on floor of vanity compartment) under bathroom sink. The heat has buckled the plastic floor ring guiding the water lines through the vanity floor. Really worried about any other plastic or electrical lines being similarly affected that I can’t see. (I’m guessing the furnaces now are installed in the basement below the vanity.)

We are seasonal and will soon have no access to the RV from Nov 1 until April unfortunately, and as a result can’t get it in for warranty repair. I am skilled enough to install vents and get at the furnace to check for and tape leaks if that will solve the problem, but I’m less prepared to mess with wiring or run new ducts as some others have. Any suggestion? Anyone know how to locate the schematics for this trailer? Thanks!
    My 290bh 5th also had a hot vanity. Pull out the bottom shelf/ floor of the vanity and you might see this mess. GD just cut a hole in the floor and expected hot air to flow up and into the front bedroom vent and the bathroom vent. All it ended up doing is overheating the vanity.

Like the other owner who took this picture, I installed a real duct from the hole in the floor to the bedroom vent and ignored the bathroom vent. It directed all that hot air to the bedroom instead of building up under the vanity.

For my unit I'm going to add a new vent in the riser of the stairs and feed it by splitting that duct to the bedroom. Then I'll change out the register in the bedroom to one I can close to direct more airflow to the main area.

Here's the pic under the vanity. What a joke. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210503-181515_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	33879
    Last edited by Lv2gen; 05-03-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 31MB the heat ducts were connected wrong. We had them switched around so that the hottest outlet went to the farthest point in the unit this corrected our heat issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12