User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excessive heat in bathroom vanity 2018 295RLS

Purchased new in September. Have read an older thread regarding excessive heat being held in the wall behind the hutch from the furnace. Some fixes included sealing of the furnace and installation of vents/fans in the hutch itself. We have the same problem but in a different location. Excessive heat (i.e., too hot to hold hand on floor of vanity compartment) under bathroom sink. The heat has buckled the plastic floor ring guiding the water lines through the vanity floor. Really worried about any other plastic or electrical lines being similarly affected that I can’t see. (I’m guessing the furnaces now are installed in the basement below the vanity.)

We are seasonal and will soon have no access to the RV from Nov 1 until April unfortunately, and as a result can’t get it in for warranty repair. I am skilled enough to install vents and get at the furnace to check for and tape leaks if that will solve the problem, but I’m less prepared to mess with wiring or run new ducts as some others have. Any suggestion? Anyone know how to locate the schematics for this trailer? Thanks!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Grand Design has schematics they don't provide them to the consumer. They consider them proprietary and top secret. Several on the forum have tried and I've yet to see anyone succeed.
    Those of us with "hot hutches" have travel trailers while yours is a 5th wheel. Our furnaces are inside the hutch itself. Your furnace is likely behind a wall in your basement, under the floor of your vanity. You'll probably have to remove the panel from the wall to gain access. You can approximate its location by the location of its exhaust. Sealing loose duct connections will probably help.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2018 Reflection in which the ducts near the furnace were falling apart after less than 15 hours of running the furnace.

GD had used a very poor-quality aluminum duct sealing tape that came undone in several places and ducts were separating from their connections. One of these failures was on a major end-cap under the floor, leading to a significant part of the furnace's output being blown into the basement utility area instead of into the living areas of the trailer and, yes, heating the bathroom floor.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your furnace should be under the shower. There is a duct that runs from under the vanity into the bedroom and up to the front of the pass thru storage. This duct vents into the bedroom at the foot of the bed as well as into the pass thru storage. You may have a piece of duct work that has become loose from the furnace or trunk line. There is also a trunk line that goes back to the back end of the island. I would remove the false wall in the pass thru and explore the duct work from there. Our bathroom floor gets a little warm as well but I have not looked into it yet.
    Please keep us posted as to what you may find.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian. That sounds like a possibility. The pass through was warmer than I’d expect. Will have to wait until April because our seasonal site doesn’t allow winter access but it feels do- able. By false wall in the pass through, do yo mean the vertical wall?
    Separately, we’re seasonal in the southern tier of WNY and have friends that camped at Slippery Rock and loved it. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Sharon Sisti; 10-23-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Sisti View Post
    Thanks Brian. That sounds like a possibility. The pass through was warmer than I’d expect. Will have to wait until April because our seasonal site doesn’t allow winter access but it feels do- able. By false wall in the pass through, do yo mean the vertical wall?
    Separately, we’re seasonal in the southern tier of WNY and have friends that camped at Slippery Rock and loved it. Enjoy.
    Sharon

When you open the storage door on the entrance door side and look into the storage bay on the left is a flexible wall panel. There are screws on both ends to remove. This will give you access to your water pump,converter, and the back of the nautilus panel, also the hot water heater and furnace are behind there. This will also allow you to get familiar with this stuff that is "hidden". Give everything a good looking over and keep an eye on the back of the nautilus panel for water leaks. It will look like a mess in there but that's how they make it.
    Back to topic, with thhe panel removed you can see most of the duct work and see what maybe needs fixing. There is a heater vent that goes into the pass thru storage area, if you do not use the camper when it is freezing you may want to close that off to have more heat inside.
    Just some other things I thought of today.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That helps. Thanks! Sounds like I’ll have my work cut out for me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what needs to be done is becoming more clear. Appreciate everyone’s help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast