Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative ways to make money ft

Back story for me is I work a full time job 55+ hours a week and have a family 4 kids. My wife home schools and would love to have a bigger part in the journey with that! I see all these you- tubers ext being really successful packing her up and just going for it making money and being able to live comfortably. I have no problem work camping to get rent free for sites but I would also like to create a income on top also. I thought about creating a YouTube channel but this would be more of a supplemental income at least for a while in my eyes...

So now for the questions: I’m mechanically inclined as I manage 3 shops... I want to be able to create good diy and repair tatics in video, but also think that can apply to do handy man jobs arround the sights for work camping also. Do you guys see a demand for that? What kind of work camping jobs do you see for a person like me? I know the realm of work camping is more of who you know and talk to kind of thing but I haven’t gotten there yet either... I know it gets a little personal to share information about how much money you take in a year but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn’t mind taking care of grounds with the equipment or any hard labor jobs of the sort. I’m well versed in everything nautical also..Unfortunately with the busy schedule right now ( the reason I want to go so badly) I can’t get to a rally or anything of the sort to get some advise. Hence my planting of the seed here to get everything in a row to make the dream come to reality! Sorry for the run Ons ext but typing on my I phone is seemingly a little difficult in between my breaks. Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of workamping jobs out there for someone with your skillset. I would look for jobs at RV resorts, waterparks, and such. there is plenty of demand for golf cart repair, and maintenance on park machinery. The work isn't hard in general maintenance either. Pretty much everyone works at their own pace.
    On the other side of the coin, this isn't a lifestyle for a person with no outside income. A healthy retirement check and no outstanding bills is the best route.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a well-established site for employers to find potential employees who are RVers (and not just the free "clean up campsites" kind of things, either):

https://workamper.com/

The Escapees RV Club also has a spin-off club for younger RVers with families - many of whom are working. The web site for Xscapers is:

https://xscapers.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Floridians View Post
    Back story for me is I work a full time job 55+ hours a week and have a family 4 kids. My wife home schools and would love to have a bigger part in the journey with that! I see all these you- tubers ext being really successful packing her up and just going for it making money and being able to live comfortably. I have no problem work camping to get rent free for sites but I would also like to create a income on top also. I thought about creating a YouTube channel but this would be more of a supplemental income at least for a while in my eyes...

So now for the questions: I’m mechanically inclined as I manage 3 shops... I want to be able to create good diy and repair tatics in video, but also think that can apply to do handy man jobs arround the sights for work camping also. Do you guys see a demand for that? What kind of work camping jobs do you see for a person like me? I know the realm of work camping is more of who you know and talk to kind of thing but I haven’t gotten there yet either... I know it gets a little personal to share information about how much money you take in a year but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn’t mind taking care of grounds with the equipment or any hard labor jobs of the sort. I’m well versed in everything nautical also..Unfortunately with the busy schedule right now ( the reason I want to go so badly) I can’t get to a rally or anything of the sort to get some advise. Hence my planting of the seed here to get everything in a row to make the dream come to reality! Sorry for the run Ons ext but typing on my I phone is seemingly a little difficult in between my breaks. Thanks!
    How old are you? How long before you can retire (if you stay at what you are doing)? How much money do you make now? How much do you think you would have to make if you did u-Tube?

Lots of unknown here, but I'll offer my 2 cents...... But first, my bottom line - you won't be any less busy.

As far as 'work camping' - there seem to be hundreds of opportunities. I always wondered tho if it really was enough to do that and save for a retirement free from having to supplement any retirement income. Rob (second chance) already have you what I think are the best sites to learn from.

YouTube......
    I'll guess successful YouTubers spend at least 55+ hours a week at filming, producing, editing, and publishing to be able to make a steady income. It seems they post 4 or 5 times a week. So the first thing you have to figure out is what will you film daily and when you will do all the post-production editing and such (and maintaining a web site too in a lot of cases).

I think a lot of the YouTube channels I subscribe to are folks with full time jobs who also film and then post. So the YouTube thing becomes a bit of way to make a few more dollars. But they already have jobs. Although I do subscribe to some RV YouTubers who somehow seem to make a go of it just telling about their lives daily with the occasional sales pitch for a gadget they just got (or about the 5 best/worst things to see, do, try, etc...).

I think a lot of YouTubers just do it for some pocket money. So they don't post as often.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods