Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen an RV that DOESN'T do this. My buddies Jayco has it all over.
    My 6th camper, 1st time it's happened. Doesn't happen on my 2 friends' 2015 Durango Golds.
    Tim
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1195
    2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Long Bed DRW
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
    1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Jannnan
    I just had my Solitude in for other things and the tech saw that I had some buckling, he is ordering a new panel, he said that the panel was cut too long! We'll see if the new one does the same thing?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Well, dropped the Solitude off at the dealer Saturday and did not like what I heard. They basically told me they'll probably pull the panels off and just screw them back on. Same "fix" as last year when it was in over warranty. This is NOT a fix. Obviously, this "fix" didn't work last year since it's back in the shop. If that is the only fix they perform this time, GD customer service will be getting a call from me. This will end up being an annual trip to the dealer to be "fixed". And I would expected it to always be covered by warranty, year after year, since the original "fix" during the warranty period did not work.

Anyone know the lemon law rules for RVs?
    Tim
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The repair is done. Definitely looks better than last year's fix. Last year you could still see where the panel had popped out. This time you can't tell where it did. Won't know for sure it's fixed until next summer when the summer sun heats the panels up enough to make them pop. The fix was to add more staples between the screws to prevent the panel from popping out. I guess the screws you see thru the 1" molding are only there to hold the molding on, not panels. The panels are stapled to the fiberglass body then the molding is screwed on. The problem was GD didn't install install enough staples between the screws. At least that's the explanation the dealer's service manager told me.

And last year's fix, dealer just told me they just reinstalled the panel. When I picked up this time, he mentioned last year they installed more screws in the molding. That caused the additional ripples this year. Actually had to compare last year's pictures to this year's pictures to notice that there are twice an many screws in the molding now. Talk about a cheap fix. I hope they got it right this time.
    Tim
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, summer is almost over and it's been a hot one. Thought I would give an update on the second repair the dealer did last fall for this problem. It's held up pretty good. No warping, no buckling, no molding popped out. Seems like they got it right this time.
    Tim
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123