Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank overfill problem Imagine 2250 RK

When connected to water at campground fresh water tank overfill and comes out overfill tube. Have 40 psi pressure valve and just replaced with new one and did not solve problem. Operated fresh water fill valve several times and ran pump several times in case of trash on valve or pump.
    Anyone have an idea what may be problem? Thanks for any ideas.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    When connected to water at campground fresh water tank overfill and comes out overfill tube. Have 40 psi pressure valve and just replaced with new one and did not solve problem. Operated fresh water fill valve several times and ran pump several times in case of trash on valve or pump.

Buckskin, you might try turning the city/tank valve to city and turn off the water supply running to your trailer. Use up the water in your fresh water tank (or, a lot of it). When you’ve got the level down, turn off your pump. Open the water supply at the source again. If your valve is broken, you will hear the tank filling (open the sanitizer tube to listen) and you won’t get much of anything out of your faucets. We’ve never dry-docked, so we haven’t used our fresh water tank. We’ve only used our pump to winterize. Good luck
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the Kantleak water valve system? They are known to fail and no matter what you have it set on it continuously fills the fresh water tank. Trama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I may ask what unit do you have and can you take a picture of you water control panel as it is currently set. (its a good idea to add your trailer information to your signature) You may have a valve set incorrectly. Have you looked in your owners manual on the settings? Just trying to brainstorm here
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water stopped filling fresh water tank. Cut off all water supply, drained tank, ran pump several times with fresh water tank empty. Filling stopped and not sure why. Could be bad kantleak valve or something internal in pump. Not sure if valve is called kantleak or not. 2018 Imagine 2250rk with command center, handle is up to fill tank when connected to camp ground water and down to shut off. Any ideas, can't send picture due to poor cell phone signal.
    Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water stopped filling fresh water tank. Cut off all water supply, drained tank, ran pump several times with fresh water tank empty. Filling stopped and not sure why. Could be bad kantleak valve or something internal in pump. Not sure if valve is called kantleak or not. 2018 Imagine 2250rk with command center, handle is up to fill tank when connected to camp ground water and down to shut off. Any ideas, can't send picture due to poor cell phone signal.
    Thanks for any help.

Handle of water fill valve is blue and next to Campground water in let for camper.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handle of water fill valve is blue and next to Campground water in let for camper.

Buckskin, Your water should look something like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28F99FD0-4C85-4004-ADFD-1B6A9BECA572.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	781.4 KB 
ID:	15937

The pump is NOT needed to fill the tank. The pump is not needed if your site has water, and you can leave your hose connected (water pressure alone will feed your faucets and toilet, going straight from the spigot). In other words, if your campsite has water, you don’t need to fill your tank. If your site does NOT have water, you just need to fill your tank, turn off the supply, disconnect the hose, and leave the blue handle pointed to the “tank” setting. You only need your pump turned on to get the water from your tank to your faucets. There were many little incidentals missing on our trailer when we bought it, and our grey/black tank labels were switched. Sounds as if your blue handle doesn’t have any labels.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Buckskin, Your water should look something like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28F99FD0-4C85-4004-ADFD-1B6A9BECA572.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	781.4 KB 
ID:	15937

The pump is NOT needed to fill the tank. The pump is not needed if your site has water, and you can leave your hose connected (water pressure alone will feed your faucets and toilet, going straight from the spigot). In other words, if your campsite has water, you don’t need to fill your tank. If your site does NOT have water, you just need to fill your tank, turn off the supply, disconnect the hose, and leave the blue handle pointed to the “tank” setting. You only need your pump turned on to get the water from your tank to your faucets. There were many little incidentals missing on our trailer when we bought it, and our grey/black tank labels were switched. Sounds as if your blue handle doesn’t have any labels.
    Know how to use water system, my problem is fresh water tank fills with fill valve in closed position for some reason. Either valve is bad or pump is bad and trying to determine if others have had similar problems and what they did to correct.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I have done to keep fresh water tank from filling while connected to campground water but still don't know what caused problem.
    1. Repeatedly open and closed fill valve at command center and repeatedly operated 12v pump.
    2. Drained fresh tank
    3. Ran pump several times with no water in fresh water tank and campground water shut off.

Fresh water tank quit filling on it's own but don't have a clue why it filled with fresh water valve closed and connected to campground water.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if valve is called kantleak or not.
    Grand Design dropped the Kantleak system sometime in the 2016 model year.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast