User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    Sounds like my situation also......I have a 2013 F350 4x4 Crew w/6.7 PSD Standard bed....... I am not going huge on the fifth wheel as a Reflection 29RL or 303 will suit us fine........but I'd like to start out with the goose box after reading all the articles. There is a good video on youtube by "bigtruckbigrv" as he walks through installation in his F450....... I suspect i'll have to use an offset ball because my truck is a standard bed, and not sure what else I'll need to purchase to use the goose box.
    My question to you is: you have the "Standard Bed", in my mind the standard bed has always been the long bed for a pickup truck. Are you saying that your "Standard bed" is actually the short bed?

I am confused...
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    My question to you is: you have the "Standard Bed", in my mind the standard bed has always been the long bed for a pickup truck. Are you saying that your "Standard bed" is actually the short bed?

I am confused...
    They now call them. Short bed 5 1/2 ft on 1/2 ton models. Standard bed. 6 1/2 ft and long bed 8ft

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    FWIW......

- If you get a GB, the first thing you wanna do - and this is straight from the Reese Engineer's mouth - is remove the valve that is in-line and attached to the GB and throw it away. This valve was suppose to be a pop-off valve of sorts for the air bags. Great idea - but not so much in practice.
    Plan on tweaking that "stop" - unless you like having to reach and stretch and cuss and pull the cable handle several times.
    - IMHO, the Reese engineers could tweak the GB's dimensions a bit due to the bed depths of newer pickemups. In certain situations (turn angle, position of truck level versus RV level, off-camber, etc.) it is possible for the GB to contact the truck bed's upper rails (don't ask me how I found this out). For reference, my GB is on the lowest set of holes on the RV's pin box wings. And for my truck/RV setup, this results in a pretty dang level RV and about 6" - 7" of gap between bedrails and underside of RV.

Hope this helps.

Tom
    These issues have been addressed in the latest version of the Reese GooseBox.

The Valve was re-designed and the GooseBox now has "taller" mounting wings which allow you to mount it lower if your Tow Vehicle requires more rail clearance.

I also think the re-design eliminated the GooseBox hitting the rails as well.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, Reese just updated the GooseBox design. The Engineers addressed the height adjustment issue and they re-designed the valve for the air bag.

I have the latest design and just love it!
    So is there now two models of the Goosebox? one for the older trucks and one for the newer ones with the higher bed rails? I looked at the Goosebox several times but was afraid to buy it because of possibly having clearance issues and not enough adjustment

Thanks
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    So is there now two models of the Goosebox? one for the older trucks and one for the newer ones with the higher bed rails? I looked at the Goosebox several times but was afraid to buy it because of possibly having clearance issues and not enough adjustment

Thanks
    My understanding is the new one replaces the old model. It can be used with both the newer and older trucks. I currently run and Andersen, but have thought about making the change on occasion. Would be nice to not have to store the Andersen pyramid when its not in use, and I would like to get some bed space back.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post

Thanks
    Yes, there are now two models, however, the available stock for the older model should have been depleted by now. The big difference (on the 20k model) is that the mounting plates on the new model are taller and have more mounting holes.

The new 20k model number is 94720

Here is a picture:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reese GooseBox.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	22114

Note the taller mounting plates on the new model.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there are now two models, however, the available stock for the older model should have been depleted by now. The big difference (on the 20k model) is that the mounting plates on the new model are taller and have more mounting holes.

The new 20k model number is 94720

Here is a picture:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reese GooseBox.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	22114

Note the taller mounting plates on the new model.
    Thanks. I see they also have a new 16k model. #94716
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I just went out and measured. With the 4" offset ball I'm about 40 inches from the cab to center of ball.
    I am also considering the goose box..The 2020 GM. 2500 standard box has moved the ball to about 46 inches
    Glass to ball. the ball is behind the axle some. Am planning on a one ton and 2000lb pin weight
    Plus stuff in the truck. (1550 Lb empty weight). I do not think sway will be an issue with the ball
    Behind the axle. ( GM would have never designed that ??). Need to get the measurement for the goosebox
    As the distance to the tailgate is closer than before.

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am gonna shamelessly lay claim to being the one who made the Reese Engineers re-design their original GooseBox. Why?? Because I had several conversations early in 2016 when I owned a (then new) Nissan Titan XD about fitment and had conversations subsequently when said Titan/337RLS had the GooseBox setup and I felt there needed to be more clearance. I also had a conversation (again) with them in 2017 when I encountered contact with my 2017 RAM 3500 upper bed rail during an off-camber maneuver. My contention was that the original design didn't take into account the height (increased depth??) of newer truck upper bed rails. I was asked to submit photos and some dimensions.

So all y'all can thank me.

Actually, for all I know, I was only one of maybe hundreds that talked to them.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    I’ve been using the GB on a short bed RAM and have never had a issue with forward radius. I do have to watch backing but you can get very tight turns without an offset.
    jbarnes4869, do you by any chance have pictures of rig showing the angle between the TV and trailer. I too tow with a Ram short bed(dually), and I am wondering about my Reflection 303RLS. I currently use an Andersen with no complaints, but the possibility of an empty bed when not towing is very attractive. Since I have the factory 5th wheel package, I cannot use an offset ball. Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast