User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 imagine 2800bh lemon law?

I recently purchased a 2019 imagine 2800bh and have had issues on every outing. Most of the issues weren’t critical (mirrors falling out, sink trap flange cracked and leaking, panels separating, floor by the tv popping) but were frustrating considering the great reputation I had previously heard about grand design products. Well on my most recent trip a wheel bearing failed on the rear axle leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I am still trying to get it towed by roadside assistance and repaired but as I’m sitting here I can’t help but wonder if I ended up with a bad unit and if there is a way to return it to the factory? If anyone can weigh in it would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your issues....

There are no Lemon Laws for towable RV's.

Even if there were, you would need to give the dealer and/or manufacturer the chance to fix the issue. Lemon Law would only apply to repeat failure of the same issue.

Sounds like you have had some fairly minor issues until now with a bearing failure. Just so happens to have a recall on certain axles from Dexter, so maybe you fall into that category. Again, a supplier issue, not a GD build issue.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I had a feeling there wasn’t any sort of lemon law. The dealer thus far hasn’t been much help. I’m planning on calling GD this morning to see if the axles fall under that recall. I like the trailer so I’m really hoping it gets fixed quickly. This is my second trailer with dexter axles and it’s honestly the last thing I expected to fail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VIN range affected by the recall are attached below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	15917

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our affected VIN list from GD and there were less than a dozen of our units affected. (Some had been delivered to customers)

You should be able to call with your VIN to get it verified.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious if the towing charges will be paid by the manufacturer as well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Texas has a lemon law that applies to travel trailers. Just had to sign an acknowledgement of such when I completed the paperwork on my 2800Bh today.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    So interesting you mention the recall on the axles for the 2800BH. What did you find out? And what does “non sequential” mean in the affected VINs? We are 2/3 of the way through a dream trip to Yellowstone sitting in a repair shop waiting for new bearings, brakes and an axle, all due to the bearings not having enough grease. Yikes!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I have had a lot of problems with my Imagine XLS 19RLE, most minor, but one side of the trailer leaked badly into the living area, and now the floor is black under the vinyl (hopefully unrelated). You might be interested to learn that a court just used an existing consumer protection law that is on the books in all 50 states and applied it to trailers! So, there may be hope for better units, or at least recourse when you get one with problems. Now that there is precedent, there will probably be more action. https://www.rvtravel.com/illinois-le...-game-changer/ If the link doesn't come up search for illinois lemon rv ruling may be a game changer.

Good luck & happy travels

Liz
    Interesting. Winnebago also lost a case involving shabby manufacturing. A couple was awarded 500,000 dollars.