User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Cav Duke View Post
    Question ?, Is it normal for Propane tank to have frost on the bottom Half?

Does Grand Design use "YETI," Heaters?
    Frost on the tanks is normal. I use it as another indicator of the amount of propane left in the tank.

I don't know what kind of tank heaters GD uses. It is my understanding that they only get to 40 f, therefore they will not melt anything, just keep ice from forming. I think that if they are melting something there is something wrong with them. Pretty sure GD has ultraheat tank heaters, or maybe I am thinking of my Cedar Creek. Call the GD customer support line with your serial number handy and they should be able to tell exactly what you have installed.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Frost on the tanks is normal. I use it as another indicator of the amount of propane left in the tank.

I don't know what kind of tank heaters GD uses. It is my understanding that they only get to 40 f, therefore they will not melt anything, just keep ice from forming. I think that if they are melting something there is something wrong with them. Pretty sure GD has ultraheat tank heaters, or maybe I am thinking of my Cedar Creek. Call the GD customer support line with your serial number handy and they should be able to tell exactly what you have installed.
    Thanks Dallas, I saw your reply after I talked to our RV Service Dept. I talked to a tech fairly familiar with Grand Design RV's, and he said exactly what you did about 40 degrees .
    Feel much better and learned yet another bit of info about our RV. Yet another reason I am happy with our Solitude!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike and Jane, Two retired Educators/ One retired Army Aviator
    3 Mini Tri AUSIES
    2018 310 GK 2019 Chevy Duramax 3500 4W/D SRW L/B
    BW 18000 lb Hitch, BACKFLIP TONNAU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12