User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Per @Retread68's question and many decades of residential construction how 'bout calling two switches that can together control the same single circuit / light / device three-way switches. That's likely what's in our RV water pump circuits, isn't it? If they were two-way switches then turning one off would leave an open circuit that the other switch could not close.

A switch with a center off and two other positions would usually be called a three-position switch, typically used for controlling either one or the other of two circuits.

Your persistently-displayed good wisdom here makes me wonder if I'm incorrect about this, but I don't THINK I am.
    Hi Mark . . . I'll go with your (better ) description of a three way circuit. But, a three way circuit still has two position SPDT switches.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I too have always call the circuit where two switches turn on the same light a three way circuit.. I have wired more than one in my house - sometimes twice to get it correct.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlemen.... thank you all for the responses to my question of 2-way/3-way switches in some GDRV units. I believe we are understanding what each person is describing. I too have installed numerous 3-way switches in a circuit as well as 4-way switches in a circuit. In both cases if the wiring between the appliance and the switches is not properly done, the switches will act as two separate single pole single throw switches (reference the 3-way circuit. 4-way can get real squirrely).

For those that have conveyed that their pump switch at the outside location has stopped them from activating the pump from inside the coach makes me wonder if the "electrician" at the plant originally wired the switches to pump correctly.

Then again - My perception of the problem may be fuzzy ! I probably should just go back and try to catch some more trout. Have a wonderful day !!
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Bob for your help in getting this info to the Blog. I had some trouble figuring it out. Now it’s out in the correct place I am getting great feedback.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you powerscol. I finally found the water pump. Everyone has helped even Grand Design folks. They really follow up with you until all is working.
    So here is what I found. The light does come on at the switching centers. Never has the light not worked. I did check my valve positioning over and over, even tried them in other positions during testing. When I opened the cover all looked, clean dry, and new. I made sure the fuse was secure and checked the crimp connections for any loose wire by tugging gently. While moving the wires the pump came on. But I cannot figure out why. As the pump was running I shifted the wires around and it cut off, rather it ran real “soft” not as noisy as normal. So I moved them around again and then it got powerful and loud. Hmmm, loose connection or ground issue? Itugged on the connectors I could see and reach. Hard to see. Stick my phone in and around the pump and wires taking a bunch of pictures. I still don’t see the fault. Each time it stops I run out and shift the wires around and it works again. Grand design helped me with a few repair folks at my Cleveland, GA destination. I will be calling those folks to take a look at it. I’m so glad you all helped. Sounds like we all learned some cool thinks about 2 way and 3 way switches too.

I like how everyone can put their rigs, trucks, and other cool info in their post. Even pictures. I need to find thy spot where you type in that info. I’m really not this Liam normally with blogs. I’m just having challenges with this one. Thanks again everyone. Russ and Kristina.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you powerscol. I finally found the water pump. Everyone has helped even Grand Design folks. They really follow up with you until all is working.
    So here is what I found. The light does come on at the switching centers. Never has the light not worked. I did check my valve positioning over and over, even tried them in other positions during testing. When I finally found the cover, I opened it and all looked, clean dry, and new. I made sure the fuse was secure and checked the crimp connections for any loose wire by tugging gently. While moving the wires the pump came on. But I cannot figure out why. As the pump was running I shifted the wires around and it cut off, rather it ran real “soft” not as noisy as normal, then fully stopped. So I moved them around again and then it got powerful and loud. Hmmm, loose connection or ground issue? I tugged on the connectors that I could see and reach. Hard to see. Stuck my phone in and around the pump and wires taking a bunch of pictures. I still don’t see the fault. Each time the pump stops I run out and shift the wires around and it works again. Grand design helped me with a few repair folks at my Cleveland, GA destination. I will be calling those folks to take a look at it. I’m so glad you all helped. Sounds like we all learned some cool thinks about 2 way and 3 way switches too.

I like how everyone can put their rigs, trucks, and other cool info in their post. Even pictures. I need to find thy spot where you type in that info. I’m really not this Liam normally with blogs. I’m just having challenges with this one. Thanks again everyone. Russ and Kristina.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rschiodo View Post
    Hi Russ and Kristina,

A little off topic, but here are some tips on filling out your "Signature" at the bottom of your posts and on posting pictures.

For Signature Information, go to the "My Profile" tab at the top right and then to "About Me" where you can fill in this section.
    You may have to check "Show Your Signature" on the lower left when you first post with this new information.

There are a few different ways to add pictures. I find the simplest is to hit the "Go Advanced" tab on the lower right of a new post and scroll down to "Manage Attachments" Then "Add Files", "Choose File" and "Upload"

Just FYI . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @D2Reid testing something
    #d2reid
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12