Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pump Issue- 367BHS 2018

Hello all.
    I’m in need of assistance. I am new to the full-time rv life. We have done some great traveling already with very few issues.

The 367bhs 2018 5th wheel is fantastic.

I have recently discovered our water pump does not work. All the plumbing works perfectly while connected to city water. I have filled the water tank to 75% and have used the water pump while traveling or over-night dry camping. This next leg of our journey the pump does not activate. ... Looking for some suggestions. Thanks. Russ

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the symptoms? Can you hear it running and it doesn't provide pressure? Or does it not turn on at all?

Are you sure the valves are properly aligned?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Russ - Thought I would bring in our earlier discussion from your blog to help others understand the issue . . .

From Russ:

I have recently discovered our water pump dies not work. All the plumbing works perfect while connected to city water. I have filled the water tank to 75% and have used the water pump while traveling or over-night dry camping. This next leg of our journey the pump does not activate. The lights come on on the central panel and below, but no pressure from any faucet or toilet.
    Where is the water pump in this unit? How do I see the unit? I did not find a fuse in the panel. If the pump lights come on does that mean the pump has power?
    What is my next step if it does not work? Warranty? I can probably fix this myself but am I able to do so and still be considered a warranty item? Do I call grand Design to discuss?
    Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Russ

My initial response:

Russ,

To get more feedback on this, I would suggest posting your question in the plumbing section of the forum, rather than in your own blog.
    The water pump is behind the aft wall of the pass through storage. There will be three or four screws down each end of this panel to allow its removal.
    There is a 10 amp fuse in the power wire to the pump. This is the first thing to check.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two switches for the water pump. One inside in the control panel and one outside at the water panel that you use when winterizing. If you turned the pump off on the outside you may have to turn the switch to off on the inside to get the pump to work. Sounds confusing but they are two way switches. Like you may have on lights like you could have at either end of staircases in a home.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    There are two switches for the water pump. One inside in the control panel and one outside at the water panel that you use when winterizing. If you turned the pump off on the outside you may have to turn the switch to off on the inside to get the pump to work. Sounds confusing but they are two way switches. Like you may have on lights like you could have at either end of staircases in a home.
    Hi Gary,

Those switches should go back and forth as you describe, but if one of them is faulty, the other one might still work. Good idea!

If the pump light in the main panel and beside the switch at the water panel are going on and off with the switches . . . there should be power going on and off to the pump.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remembered one time I had tried to turn the waterpump on inside and thought it wasn't working. Just had to flip the switch to off and it worked.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm .... the two switches on my 2015 303 and on my 2018 337 are 3-way switches. Wonder why some folks have 2-way switches? With the 3-way switches the water pump can be turned "on" or "off" at whatever switch is being used. Just wondering.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Hmmm .... the two switches on my 2015 303 and on my 2018 337 are 3-way switches. Wonder why some folks have 2-way switches? With the 3-way switches the water pump can be turned "on" or "off" at whatever switch is being used. Just wondering.
    Hi Rich (Retread68) . . . I think we are just mixing up our terms for the same switches. A 3-way switch would have a center off position. A 2-way switch can turn the pump on/off from either switch . . . which is how the main panel and water panel pump switches should work.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Rich (Retread68) . . . I think we are just mixing up our terms for the same switches. A 3-way switch would have a center off position. A 2-way switch can turn the pump on/off from either switch . . . which is how the main panel and water panel pump switches should work. Rob
    Per @Retread68's question and many decades of residential construction how 'bout calling two switches that can together control the same single circuit / light / device three-way switches. That's likely what's in our RV water pump circuits, isn't it? If they were two-way switches then turning one off would leave an open circuit that the other switch could not close.

A switch with a center off and two other positions would usually be called a three-position switch, typically used for controlling either one or the other of two circuits.

Your persistently-displayed good wisdom here makes me wonder if I'm incorrect about this, but I don't THINK I am.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you do find the pump check the filter in front of it. If cracked it will pull air and not let the pump prime. As also mentioned double check the valve positions on the panel. I have been guilty of thinking of having them correct and then have the DW mention it does not look like the picture. Have you also checked the fuse? Just a thought.

BTW - my pump was located behind the removable panel in the basement storage area, right behind the panel.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast