User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for fun - how did you choose your handle/user name

A member started a thread like this over on RV-Dreams back in 2014 and there were some interesting responses. To break the ice, I'll start:

When creating accounts on several of the RV-related forums (probably around 2012 - 2013), I tried to come up with something witty. Since I'm not very good at that, I had to take a different approach. There are many unique things that would set my wife and/or me apart in a crowd, but the thought that kept returning - and I couldn't ignore - was the second chance I've been given in life. My first wife and I had been married for 36 years when she died in a traffic accident in March of 2008 (we had actually been a couple and knew this was a lifetime thing since we were 13). As you might imagine, I had no desire to continue living. Later that year, I met and married my "new" wife and that experience changed everything. The "new normal" isn't like the "old normal," but I never dreamed life could be this good again. Thus, I've been given a Second Chance.

Do you care to share the story behind your "handle?"

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT = full time
    4NOW = for now

Even though we mostly stay stationary due to my work, we do live full time in our Momentum and travel with it as much as possible with my available time off and work schedule. I'm not exactly sure how long we will do this, it's been a little over 2 years so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thread Rob. I don't even attempt to be witty. My username is the same one I used at work (last name, first initial). When I started creating online accounts 30+ years ago (even prior to CompuServe), I just kept the same userID since it was easy to remember. The only downside is a lot of people think my name is Bert.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country Campers, a camping group started in 1968 by my parents and a couple other members of a community group. Developed into about 20 campers or so at one time traveling to a different campground usually 1 weekend a month starting in April thru October. We , the second and some third generation as well as some new comers along the way are still carrying it on. We are about 8 or 10 campers now. It was a great way to be raised by the "group" and we have passed that on to our own kids. So when I signed up here I thought I would use that name (with blessings from the founding fathers and mothers).

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing too witty on my part. It my last name, and there are the three of us. Me John , wife Carol, and our kid with the big nose and furry coat Hexy.

This should be a enjoyable thread. Thanks for starting it.

John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 1995 I got my first computer (Gateway) and joined a board called fishnet. It was just text (14.4 dial-up modems. Weren't they great Well Kevin is a very common name and I'm not very clever so I just started typing my last name until I got to a user name that wasn't taken. Been using it ever since.....Boring I know.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am of Irish descent. My handle is a translation of my name in old English and Celtic. Kim - chief or ruler Gorman - blueman
    Bluemen were the fiercest of Celtic warriors, stripping naked, dyeing their skin blue and charging into battle. I do not do this. (anymore)

BTW, when I explained this to my coworkers a few years back, they began calling me Papa Smurf!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I owned a 1992 Toyota pickup up through about 2001. In November 2015 we decided to restructure our life a bit (new jobs in a new location) and I ordered a 2016 Toyota Tacoma to use for my home improvement projects at the new house. I decided we were back-tracking a little bit (back to a Toyota pickup) so I used that on the Tacoma forum. I’ve just used it for other forums since then.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I... BTW, when I explained this to my coworkers a few years back, they began calling me Papa Smurf!
    The first time I saw your handle, I immediately thought of the Blue Man Group - they're awesome! (And as chief, you would be their leader...)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A member started a thread like this over on RV-Dreams back in 2014 and there were some interesting responses. To break the ice, I'll start:

When creating accounts on several of the RV-related forums (probably around 2012 - 2013), I tried to come up with something witty. Since I'm not very good at that, I had to take a different approach. There are many unique things that would set my wife and/or me apart in a crowd, but the thought that kept returning - and I couldn't ignore - was the second chance I've been given in life. My first wife and I had been married for 36 years when she died in a traffic accident in March of 2008 (we had actually been a couple and knew this was a lifetime thing since we were 13). As you might imagine, I had no desire to continue living. Later that year, I met and married my "new" wife and that experience changed everything. The "new normal" isn't like the "old normal," but I never dreamed life could be this good again. Thus, I've been given a Second Chance.

Do you care to share the story behind your "handle?"

Rob
    Rob,

My wife and I have been together since she was 14 and I at 15. I do not know what I would do without her in my life and I'm glad that you had the second chance. I've had a second chance I suppose since having Lymphoma of my heart followed by a PE. I've beat them both from help above and from Cleveland Clinic and my wife who sat by my side in over 40 days in the hospital. I purchased my Imagine and came down with all this just 4 weeks later. Maybe I need a better handle.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast