User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Nothing too witty on my part. It my last name, and there are the three of us. Me John , wife Carol, and our kid with the big nose and furry coat Hexy.

This should be a enjoyable thread. Thanks for starting it.

John Joscelyne
    💕 Love all the Philadelphia sports stuff! I'm also a big fan of all of them. We're not to far apart and I grew up in Bucks County in Chalfont.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    IBEW Sparky

IBEW = International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Sparky = it's just what most other trades call us out on the job site.

I went to vo-tech school for electrical back in highschool in the mid 70's and retired from the trade 2½ years ago. Wife and I try and get out as often as we can with friends and family. Started out camping as a kid, raised 3 children with the camping lifestyle and bought our first RV (pop-up camper) in 1999. Then in 2001 set off on a 7 week 8800+ mile trip across the USA and parts of Southern Canada. Owned a 31' travel trailer after that and treated ourselves to the GD 5er after surviving throat cancer. My motto is "every day I can put both feet on the ground is a good day"!
    I used to drive by the IBEW Local 103 hall daily when I worked at Pollak (the trailer plug people, plus a bunch of electromechanical actuators in your trucks you don't care about until they don't work) on Freeport Street in Boston. I started off trades, then went to college, ran out of money, joined the reserves, finished college but still use my "Tradesman" skills a hell of a lot more than my engineering degrees. Glorified bus driver now according to the CEO where I work. (also another union job, ALPA Council 66)
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBEW Sparky

I went to vo-tech school for electrical back in highschool in the mid 70's and retired from the trade 2½ years ago. Wife and I try and get out as often as we can with friends and family. Started out camping as a kid, raised 3 children with the camping lifestyle and bought our first RV (pop-up camper) in 1999. Then in 2001 set off on a 7 week 8800+ mile trip across the USA and parts of Southern Canada. Owned a 31' travel trailer after that and treated ourselves to the GD 5er after surviving throat cancer. My motto is "every day I can put both feet on the ground is a good day"!
    44 years with the IBEW here.
    2020 Momentum 398 M

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran a charter in So. Fla. where both my wife and I are from originally so I'm Capt. Bob.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBEW Sparky

35 years IBEW Canada here. Been called sparky more than a few times...Course we only 'spark it up' when we do our job wrong.....

As for the username...not too imaginative...I'm Scott...wife's name is.....Wendy.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last name…. Easy peasy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kids played just about every sport growing up so our entire world revolved around getting them from one practice to the next. Vacations were either camping or traveling across the US with travel teams.
    Thus, Sports Dad (and year I was born)
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corky2 or Corky II is a female Orca Killer Whale that first lived in captivity at Marineland of the Pacific once located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula coast in Los Angeles County. I grew up near Marineland and visited it many times throughout my childhood and as a young adult before it closed in 1987. I spend lots of time in or near the Pacific ocean throughout my life just hanging out, swimming and fishing. Remembering Corky is remembering life in southern California back then which also no longer exists. Orca whales are intelligent mammals, family oriented, social and have no natural predators.

I can relate to a captive Orca as I too feel like we are increasingly living in captivity.
    Last edited by Corky2; 11-14-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy, just my last name.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Left The Driveway Buckethead305's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to get a cowboy hat with my Uncle years ago. My head is rather large and the salesman said I'd be better off with a five gallon bucket. Seems Stetson doesn't make a one size fits all. Miami's area code is 305 , we don't mention 786.
    2021 Imagine 21BHE
    2019 Ram 1500 Not the Classic Body
    Old Workhorse 2002 Tundra 4.7 (Retired)
    Location ? Miami where most peoples English " Is no very good looking "

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast