User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow up…

Portfolio warranty “supposedly” denied the claim for the repair but the dealer is honoring it, surprisingly. They have ordered the parts and will let me know when they arrive to install. Anyone have a link to the springs off Amazon that already bolt up? Just in case the dealer doesn’t swap those out also…

Thanks everyone
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another follow up..

Axle was swapped out the other day at the dealer, looks much better now. Seems to pull a little better, or it could be my imagination. Upon paying my deductible the gal stated they still need to send over to Portfolio to finish the claim. I don’t know if the dealer is being shady about who is paying for the axle or not. Whatever, only cost me $100 and it’s done. Now I need to swap out the bad tire with my spare in the spring. Would have been nice if GD would have kept the spare the same as the main rims, now I need to bring to shop to swap it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to this thread and have not read thru all the post so this might have already been covered. My 2021 351MR is heavy on the kitchen side and had flat springs on that side. Other side had good arch. Came from factory with 7000lb axles with 3500lb springs. Talked to Dexter and they suggested that I upgrade to 4000lb on heavy side and leave 3500 on the other. They said mfg. used to do this but since the 4000lb are over double the cost most have stopped. I've put about 4000 miles on since I upgraded and it seems to have fixed the problem. All springs keeping good arch.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow up to my post #182

Went to grab camper for dewinterizing and crawled underneath. Even the new springs looked flat. I reached out to Grand Design to see what could be done. After sending pics of the springs and the numbers on the axles themselves it was deemed that the Dexter 3500lb 2 3/8" diameter axles were undersized. They sent out the Dexter 4000lb axles and tires to be installed. Prior to install I had rub marks on the floor from tires hitting and had 2 1/2" of room, now there is 5" of breathing room between tire and deck. My issue concerning this was resolved, hopefully if someone has this issue theres gets resolved as seamlessly as mine did.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year around this time I swapped the original leaf springs as they went flat. I purchased Lippert 2200lb rated ones. They seem to be holding up much better than the original ones a year later. Here is the amazon link in case your interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In regards to the axle, I too have 3500lb rated ones on my 2017 Imagine 2800BH. What magic words did you use with Grand Design to honor replacement 4000lb axles? I would like to try and get mine rectified once and for all. Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have Lippert axles, they are already the 3" version and should be fine. The Dexter axles i had were 2 3/8" and insufficient.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
    If you have Lippert axles, they are already the 3" version and should be fine. The Dexter axles i had were 2 3/8" and insufficient.
    That makes sense! Thanks..

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819