User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Vicki View Post
    I think I may have mislead on the model I have. It's the 2800BH which is the bumper tow model as mine has the refrigerator on the same side as the counters, stove, cabinets, water heater, forced air heater, and rear storage. The only thing on the left is the slide.
    Ah that makes a lot more sense then. Sorry for any confusion I added.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that responded! But I think I may have put the wrong model down as it's the 2800BH which is the bumper tow trailer. I see the later models (2019) have been updated to the dexter 4400# axles from what I have which are the 3500# Lipperts. I'll do more research here and figure out the best course of action. Again great place for help!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may have mislead on the model I have. It's the 2800BH which is the bumper tow model as mine has the refrigerator on the same side as the counters, stove, cabinets, water heater, forced air heater, and rear storage. The only thing on the left is the slide.
    Oh okay. Your 3500# axles make much more sense now. That was too little axle and a bit too much spring for a 28BH.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Ah that makes a lot more sense then. Sorry for any confusion I added.
    My fault! I should have paid more attention to the model designation.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that responded! But I think I may have put the wrong model down as it's the 2800BH which is the bumper tow trailer. I see the later models (2019) have been updated to the dexter 4400# axles from what I have which are the 3500# Lipperts. I'll do more research here and figure out the best course of action. Again great place for help!
    Rob&Vicki,

That trip to Alaska sounds like a great adventure. If you search the forum as others have suggested, you should find some threads related to issues that other folks have had with springs on Imagine trailers, particularly issues related to tire clearance or tires contacting the underside of the floor. The Vehicle Weight Information Sheet that came with our Imagine 2800BH listed the right side at 3,096-lbs. and the left side at 2,828-lbs. Since the right side has all of the kitchen cabinets and entertainment center cabinets, and the left side only has storage under the dinette seating, it makes sense that your side to side weight difference is greater after loading your gear into the trailer.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for advice on the adding a leaf or would it be better to get the 2200# springs?
    Also I just got the MORryde equalizers and wet bolt kit to put in when I change the springs out. Good time to do it.
    Btw, new to the group, great information!
    Rob Welcome....,

Rob (Cate&Rob) and I did a lot of research and engineering on putting 3k springs on our Reflection 303RLS's. I have 5 leaf 3k spings on the left side of my 303rls and it leveled out nicely (not saying that a 3k spring for you unit is the right selection).

So here is a thread with a spring conversation and other stuff of value. Suspension-and-axles. There is a lot more out there but this is another start.Here is an excellent write-up by Rob on measuring Loaded Arch that was a result of the work we did researching springs. How-to-Accurately-Measure-Spring-Arch-Height

I would not add-a-leaf, I would change the spring. If you look at different manufactures you may find spring with the same spring capacity but with different leaf counts. So a 5 leaf could give you an extra little lift because of spring thickness.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Rob&Vicki,

That trip to Alaska sounds like a great adventure. If you search the forum as others have suggested, you should find some threads related to issues that other folks have had with springs on Imagine trailers, particularly issues related to tire clearance or tires contacting the underside of the floor. The Vehicle Weight Information Sheet that came with our Imagine 2800BH listed the right side at 3,096-lbs. and the left side at 2,828-lbs. Since the right side has all of the kitchen cabinets and entertainment center cabinets, and the left side only has storage under the dinette seating, it makes sense that your side to side weight difference is greater after loading your gear into the trailer.
    Actually this weight difference is with the trailer emptied out. I was surprised at the difference! So with it loaded up it's going to be even more and going over the spring capacities on one side. At this point I'm thinking of the 2200# springs on the right side and leaving the left with 1750# springs.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this weight difference is with the trailer emptied out. I was surprised at the difference! So with it loaded up it's going to be even more and going over the spring capacities on one side. At this point I'm thinking of the 2200# springs on the right side and leaving the left with 1750# springs.
    Here is LCI's spring sheet. While your checking out weights and spring loading, look to see what your tire to floor clearance is and check for floor contact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Axle_Leaf_Springs_Component.pdf  
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Rob,
    Welcome to the forum! We have "Second Chance Rob" and "Another" Rob--any preference on how we'll address you? "Rob the Third" sounds awfully aristocratic. (I'm kidding--Rob it is.)

OK, to your question. As Country Campers referenced, check out this thread (especially post #5 ): https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-on-right-side

Try this after clicking on the ADVANCED SEARCH tool (top right of your screen):
    1) Select the SEARCH SINGLE CONTENT TYPE tab.
    2) In the SEARCH FOR POSTS type in CATE&ROB in the USER NAME: box.
    3) Now in the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS sections click AXLES, BRAKES, AND SUSPENSION in the SEARCH IN FORUM(S): list.
    4) Click SEARCH NOW and you'll get a list of related threads I'm sure you'll find interesting.

-Howard
    I've been called lots of different names! Rotten Robbie sometimes! Lol!
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Here is LCI's spring sheet. While your checking out weights and spring loading, look to see what your tire to floor clearance is and check for floor contact.
    Well, my husband checked for tire to floor clearance. Not happy, found damage from rubbing on both sides, with the heavier side leaving pretty good grooves in the plywood. We are out of warranty, but do have an extended warranty. We will be taking pictures and see if anything can be done.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast