User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpboofay View Post
    Coheeba - i would be very interested in who you spoke with. I have a running Suspension Issue discussion on this forum and was referred to this thread as I have a 2018 2800BH. So I had a spring fail and bend and the other 3 are flattened. Like it has been mentioned in this thread, the 1750# springs and 35K axles are underrated for these rigs and friends of mine who bought 2020 model had the beefier axles and springs. So when I called GD about upgrading they were not willing to discuss as “the unit was built according to the specs at that time”. Sounds like you scored! Any help would be great. Thanks
    Good morning.

I upgraded my 2017 2800bh with 2200lb springs and the Morryde suspension and wet bolt kit. Also replaced the tires with Goodyear Endurance E rated tires. Worked like a charm! Thanks to Tim for the suggestions. You can buy the leaf springs on Amazon for $200 bucks.. I didn’t even bother contacting Grand Design because I know their song and dance with stuff like this. Just not worth it and probably won’t get anywhere because thats how they originally designed these units. Unless they issue a recall but that takes strength in numbers! Hope this helps! Good luck.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I’m all for standing up for myself but also look at cost vs. aggravation factor. These leaf springs are not that expensive. I’d give GD one final call and if no satisfaction, just buy the darn things from etrailer, install them and move on.
    Yep - can’t loose time trying to get GD to step up so went thru Lippert and upgraded the springs to 2200# new tires from 205/75 15 to the 225/75 15 and the ride was sweet and gained my height back. Not stopping there...decided to upgrade everything to current standard D44 axles, 2500# springs, MORryde wet bolts and shackles and 6 lug rims. That ought to last me!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to have stumbled across this thread. We purchased a used 2019 2800BH unit and noticed the rear axle tires are leaning in at the top, minor rubbing of curb side above the tires and minimal clearance. I am not going to bother contacting GD concerning this as it is a used unit. But we did purchase extended warranty that is supposed to cover these types of failures. I think I will attempt to go through them and have a repair shop take control of things. I will plan on upgrading per the list a few posts back, even if out of pocket expense for the piece of mind of having more distance between tires and the flooring. Labels on the axles are the Dexter 3500lb with a date of 4/4/18 on them. This was obviously built before the swap of axles in 2019.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Contact GD

Quote Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
    Glad to have stumbled across this thread. We purchased a used 2019 2800BH unit and noticed the rear axle tires are leaning in at the top, minor rubbing of curb side above the tires and minimal clearance. I am not going to bother contacting GD concerning this as it is a used unit. But we did purchase extended warranty that is supposed to cover these types of failures. I think I will attempt to go through them and have a repair shop take control of things. I will plan on upgrading per the list a few posts back, even if out of pocket expense for the piece of mind of having more distance between tires and the flooring. Labels on the axles are the Dexter 3500lb with a date of 4/4/18 on them. This was obviously built before the swap of axles in 2019.
    I would contact Grand Design anyway. It wont hurt and you may be surprised at what they will do. I got 4400 lb. axles and new tires. Westlake tires, I recently went on a trip and had two blowouts, one on each side. I replaced all four with Goodyear endurance. I contacted Westlake, (actually LionsHead), and they refunded me $105 per tire. If you don't ask you wont know.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LionHead Warranty Claim Form (Westlake tires)

Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    I would contact Grand Design anyway. It wont hurt and you may be surprised at what they will do. I got 4400 lb. axles and new tires. Westlake tires, I recently went on a trip and had two blowouts, one on each side. I replaced all four with Goodyear endurance. I contacted Westlake, (actually LionsHead), and they refunded me $105 per tire. If you don't ask you wont know.
    Here is the Form.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blank LionsHead Warranty Claim Form.pdf 
Views:	12 
Size:	463.2 KB 
ID:	36709
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the unit 4 weeks ago and I put tires on it the next day after noticing rub wear on one of the tires. There were only 3 of the original tires on there, 4th was not so obviously there had been a blow out or something. I will be stopping by storage today to get some pics of other things before I reach out to GD to see what they offer. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
    We purchased a used 2019 2800BH unit and noticed the rear axle tires are leaning in at the top
    morphrider, Is the description "rear axle tires are leaning in at the top" accurate? Leaning in at the top would indicate bent axle of bad/loose wheel bearings. An indication that the tires tilted in at the top would be inside edge tire wear.

When you get this checked out make sure that the tops of tires are not tilted inward. Trailer axles have a slight bend in them that would actually make the bottoms of the tires be a little inward with no weight on them. When weight is applied the axles straighten slightly so the tires wear evenly.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tops of the rear axle tilt in. I took some pictures today of my tires that have 3 trips on them, 500 miles total and there is already major sign of wear on the inside edge of the driver side rear axle. It's already down to the wear bar. There will be no more trips until this is fixed. I will be starting a claim with our extended warranty we purchased to start getting this resolved. It has the Dexter 2 1/2" axle, 3500lb. Manufacture date of 4/2018.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211436a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	36720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211432.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	36721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211430a.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	36722

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tallied mileage on the 3 trips we took. 650 miles total and the driver side rear axle looks like this. I think I have other issues other than flattened springs. Might have to make another thread with these issues so I don't muddle this one up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211435.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	36724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211436.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	36725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0916211436a.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	36726

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is a lot of wear for 650 miles. I saw rusty marks on the axle. I wonder if previous owners hit the axle on something or bouncer over a curb. Anyway in my guesspert opinion that axle is bent. Your springs do not look near as flat as my reflection 303rls springs did. Flat springs never caused me tire wear issues.

This is a very large thread I'm sure there are more 2800BH owners that can nail this down better than I.
    Last edited by Gyro Gearloose; 09-17-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast