User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Hunter View Post
    Is this common on all GDRV's? Im thinking of looking at a 2017 2600RB after following this thread, I'm not so sure..............
    Unfortunately, axles, shackles and bushings are spec’d to meet the weight of an unloaded trailer. Very little margin above that. Many of us have taken it upon ourselves to upgrade these components. If you are looking at a 2017,unless the previous owner serviced the running gear, I would be changing out the shackles and those worthless nylon bushings. The equalizers could very well be shot too.
    Mor-Ryde makes a decent shackle/bushing kit(as well as equalizers).
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the suspension systems are not built well at all. Maybe I should consider a Lance.......

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Hunter View Post
    Sounds like the suspension systems are not built well at all. Maybe I should consider a Lance.......
    I would go look at the trailer and see what kind condition it's in. If it's good and it is what you like check out the suspension to see if the springs are flat. The trailer itself if in good shape the springs can be dealt with easy enough. The springs to me wouldn't be a deal breaker unless there is damage above the tires that serious such as floor damage. Most of the time it's usually just rubbing that can be fixed easy enough. Springs aren't that expensive. Not sure what lance uses for a chassis but I wouldn't think they would be any different than GD. Most are the same. After changing the springs to the 2200# and adding the MORRyde equilizers and wet bolts I couldn't be happier with the results.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tim! Hope this finds you well sir.

I have been doing some research on my 2017 Grand Design 2800bh having this very similar issue. I too have the Lippart 3500lb axles. I'm happy to hear you got yours rectified!

I plan to reach out to Grand Design tomorrow with hopes they can get me into 2200lb springs. I'm not too familiar with the Morryde kit, but based on what I've heard its a good addition? Do you remember which one you added?

Between the springs and the Morryde kit this was enough clearance and you haven't had anymore issues? I appreciate the help!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrew View Post

I have been doing some research on my 2017 Grand Design 2800bh having this very similar issue. I too have the Lippart 3500lb axles. I'm happy to hear you got yours rectified!

I plan to reach out to Grand Design tomorrow with hopes they can get me into 2200lb springs. I'm not too familiar with the Morryde kit, but based on what I've heard its a good addition? Do you remember which one you added?

Between the springs and the Morryde kit this was enough clearance and you haven't had anymore issues? I appreciate the help!
    The MORryde made a difference in ride and added more clearance between the tires and the floor but the 2200# springs made a bigger difference. Added at least another inch and a half. We did change the tires to a E rated which are slightly larger in diameter but the clearance is still plenty so no worries there. The ride of the trailer is so much better so it was worth making the change. If GD don't supply you the springs I would go directly to Lippert and see if they could help. The springs themselves are not that bad in price as I would of gone it alone if GD had not of helped. One other thing I would get along with the MORryde is the wetbolts.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Vicki View Post
    The MORryde made a difference in ride and added more clearance between the tires and the floor but the 2200# springs made a bigger difference. Added at least another inch and a half. We did change the tires to a E rated which are slightly larger in diameter but the clearance is still plenty so no worries there. The ride of the trailer is so much better so it was worth making the change. If GD don't supply you the springs I would go directly to Lippert and see if they could help. The springs themselves are not that bad in price as I would of gone it alone if GD had not of helped. One other thing I would get along with the MORryde is the wetbolts.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes absolutely, the CR3000 plus the Wet Bolt Kit made a nice difference but the ride height confidence and stability of the new springs/axles sealed the deal.

For the Imagine 2800BH, it’s the 35 inch wheel base model: MORryde International Inc. CRE2-35 CRE/3000

Plus the wet bolt kit:
    MORryde International Inc. UO12-016 Heavy Duty Shackle Kit

That really quieted down the squeaks from the suspension as well when driving and turning.

—-

I’m still miffed at the way Grand Design (and most other manufacturers) under spec their trailers for saving a couple dollars. On the contrary I Love the way Alliance is putting on large enough axles for the entire weight. I was hoping that would shame GD into doing this but now that they’re no longer private company I’m sure they have no say in the matter.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrew View Post

Sorry I should’ve included your quote, yes it’s been amazing since... or at least I should say it’s been a hassle free and the way it should’ve been from the factory.

I think the only thing I am not 100% happy with is the brakes but I suspect they were not set up properly by the dealer one installed and just need adjustment. My old trailer if I manually locked the brakes on the trailer it was 100% lock up, these new ones do not. Project for the summer.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Coheeba - bingo. That is exactly my issue. Had a blowout last year but saw it go so didnt drive far or very far before being able to pull over and change it out. Who did you call at GD as this is a bigger issue I think.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coheeba - i would be very interested in who you spoke with. I have a running Suspension Issue discussion on this forum and was referred to this thread as I have a 2018 2800BH. So I had a spring fail and bend and the other 3 are flattened. Like it has been mentioned in this thread, the 1750# springs and 35K axles are underrated for these rigs and friends of mine who bought 2020 model had the beefier axles and springs. So when I called GD about upgrading they were not willing to discuss as “the unit was built according to the specs at that time”. Sounds like you scored! Any help would be great. Thanks

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast