Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Very serious.
    https://www.invertersupply.com/index...oducts_id=4245
    combined with 6 Tesla batteries for 1500amp hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I guess we know who won the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. I wish. Just blessed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out my solar/inverter page at the link below. The inverter is a 2000 watt true sine wave model and will power any appliance you can plug into any of the available outlets. The AC switching is actual quite simple and powers all circuits on the L1 leg of the circuit breaker panel. I needed to move a few circuit breakers around to get the ones I wanted on the same bus, and it works great.

http://www.klenger.net/solar.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    Check out my solar/inverter page at the link below. The inverter is a 2000 watt true sine wave model and will power any appliance you can plug into any of the available outlets. The AC switching is actual quite simple and powers all circuits on the L1 leg of the circuit breaker panel. I needed to move a few circuit breakers around to get the ones I wanted on the same bus, and it works great.

http://www.klenger.net/solar.html
    Thanks for this link. Your webpage is excellent and is exactly what I'm looking for. It is really well done - the manufacturers should hire you.

Now that you've used it for a while, how do you like the T-57 ATS? I can understand having a 20-30 second delay when bringing a generator online, but I'm not adding a generator or solar, just an inverter and this seems like a long delay.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    Thanks for this link. Your webpage is excellent and is exactly what I'm looking for. It is really well done - the manufacturers should hire you.

Now that you've used it for a while, how do you like the T-57 ATS? I can understand having a 20-30 second delay when bringing a generator online, but I'm not adding a generator or solar, just an inverter and this seems like a long delay.
    That's one of the reasons I chose an inverter with a built in transfer switch. No delay, the microwave never even loses time.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post

Actually, I have the transfer switch wired so that the normally closed contacts are used for the inverter and the normally open is used for shore power. By doing so, the inverter comes on immediately. Also, by using the NC contacts for the inverter, no battery power is used to hold the relay closed. The delay for ground power / generator is pretty much irrelevant. I also have an additional delay from the EMS, but no big deal. Look at sheet 2 of the drawing at the link below for details.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/b5b8f1403d33...&alloworigin=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    That's one of the reasons I chose an inverter with a built-in transfer switch. No delay, the microwave never even loses time.
    I was originally thinking of doing the same thing then I thought about the advantage of having a separate ATS in the event of a failure. Easier to just replace the ATS if it fails.

But most importantly in my case is the ease of mounting the ATS in the cabinet behind the power center. At least I hope it will be an easy install as a drain line runs through it and I haven't measured the space, yet. If I can mount it near the power center then I just need some short wires to connect the ATS AC to the power center and a single length of romex to bring the inverter AC forward across the basement to the ATS. This avoids having to reroute one leg of the shore power line across the basement and in to the front compartment where the batteries and inverter are mounted. Klenger's approach seems much simpler for my installation.
    John and Jean

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense. My power panel was right next to my basement wall, so it was easy to reroute the mains.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    Actually, I have the transfer switch wired so that the normally closed contacts are used for the inverter and the normally open is used for shore power. By doing so, the inverter comes on immediately. Also, by using the NC contacts for the inverter, no battery power is used to hold the relay closed. The delay for ground power / generator is pretty much irrelevant. I also have an additional delay from the EMS, but no big deal. Look at sheet 2 of the drawing at the link below for details.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/b5b8f1403d33...&alloworigin=1
    That's beautiful - I wasn't aware that I could wire it to essentially eliminate the delay.

Now if I can fit the T-57 in to the cabinet behind the power center I'll be all set. I've avoided installing an inverter because I didn't want to mess with a sub-panel. Your approach is elegantly simple for the 337RLS. The 337 has lots of space in the hell-hole aft of the basement, but it isn't accessable because of all the drain lines. Using the T-57, I can prewire everything and install it through the power center cutout - not easy to install a sub-panel this way.

The 337 breakers are slightly different, but I can swap the washer and dryer breakers with the microwave and fireplace breakers to get everything on the right bus.
    John and Jean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast