User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The T-57 has a DIP switch that can bypass the time delay. I used a 30A ATS that has a jumper to solder in to bypass the delay if wanted.
    I wrote down that I used the NC contacts for inverter also to avoid powering the ATS from the inverter.
    Got to finish my wiring drawing before I forget how I did it, photos help with my memory and hand scratched notes.
    Just made a block diagram so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV 12v - 120V Block Diagram-1b.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    The T-57 has a DIP switch that can bypass the time delay. I used a 30A ATS that has a jumper to solder in to bypass the delay if wanted.
    I wrote down that I used the NC contacts for inverter also to avoid powering the ATS from the inverter.
    Got to finish my wiring drawing before I forget how I did it, photos help with my memory and hand scratched notes.
    Just made a block diagram so far.
    Think I saw something in the manual about the dip switch was only for factory testing - didn't say what it does. As long as I can select L1/L2 that'll work.

I'm going to go measure the space.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    Just purchased as Kisea 2000 watt unit from them.
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I have a Magnum MS2812. It's a inverter/charger (125 amp charger), and I'm very happy with the setup. Has a built in transfer switch, so I wired it up to handle everything except the AC units and electric side of the hot water heater. Works flawlessly.

Magnum MS2812 2800W Inverter with 125 Amp Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MWAATK..._zB41BbTRBWMM5
    I like your style ncitro! if you have any more info you can share about how you wired up your inverter it is much appreciated! I am new to this forum, have the same trailer (28BH), and camp off the grid a lot. I appreciate your help!!
    2017 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab SB 4x4 with Duramax
    2019 Reflection 28BH
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate gooseneck mount

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I have a Magnum MS2812. It's a inverter/charger (125 amp charger), and I'm very happy with the setup. Has a built in transfer switch, so I wired it up to handle everything except the AC units and electric side of the hot water heater. Works flawlessly.

Magnum MS2812 2800W Inverter with 125 Amp Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MWAATK..._zB41BbTRBWMM5
    Late to the party on this thread, but Amazon has this listed for $1,447.84!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanizel View Post
    I like your style ncitro! if you have any more info you can share about how you wired up your inverter it is much appreciated! I am new to this forum, have the same trailer (28BH), and camp off the grid a lot. I appreciate your help!!
    I have been really happy with it. We just got back from a four week trip in the rig and it performed flawlessly. Wiring was pretty straightforward, but I am also very familiar with wiring. The Magnum has a built in transfer switch that handles two legs of 30 amps. Since the rig has two legs of 50 amps, and I wanted to keep my options open for a second air conditioner I wanted to keep that 50 amp capability. I removed the line cord from the stock breaker panel and brought it into a new panel I bought that I installed in the passenger side pass through storage compartment. I moved the circuits from the stock panel into that panel that I did not need to run off the inverter. Hot water heater, both AC units, and the fridge. I also put in a 30 amp double pole breaker that fed the inverter, and then took the output of the inverter and used that to feed the stock breaker panel. This means that everything in the rig except the loads I moved to the new panel run off of the inverter. Nothing to plug or unplug or no special outlets to keep track of. When I unplug the rig everything switches over, and it is quick enough that the microwave does not loose time, and the PC that I have setup behind the TV does not even shut off.

I will try to post some photos later tonight.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Inverter recommendations

We run the Magnum 3000 watt (3999 peak) “Hybrid” inverter which has load balancing. This allows us to driveway surf at friends with their 15 amp circuit and we can still run our roof air because it will pull any extra power from the batteries or generator. It was $1700, and runs everything in our Reflection including the electric hot water heater. I had that included so that if we’re boondocking and we run out of propane we still have hot water.
    Also have the frig wired through it so during the day when our solar is pulling in 70 amps or so we run the frig on ac to conserve LP (frig pulls 30a).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Late to the party on this thread, but Amazon has this listed for $1,447.84!
    Yeah I got mine dented and banged from a dealer on Craigslist, but it still was not cheap. Very happy with it though, it has handled everything I throw at it, and it charges the batteries at 125 amps as well. Also has a built in two legged transfer switch.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    We run the Magnum 3000 watt (3999 peak) “Hybrid” inverter which has load balancing. This allows us to driveway surf at friends with their 15 amp circuit and we can still run our roof air because it will pull any extra power from the batteries or generator. It was $1700, and runs everything in our Reflection including the electric hot water heater. I had that included so that if we’re boondocking and we run out of propane we still have hot water.
    Also have the frig wired through it so during the day when our solar is pulling in 70 amps or so we run the frig on ac to conserve LP (frig pulls 30a).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats sharp for sure. One feature I do wish I had was the hybrid load balancing, but I had to draw the line somewhere. Solar is on my list for this winter.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast