User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Inverter recommendations

I am looking to install a pure sine wave inverter in my 297RSTS. I am curious what inverters others have installed, and if you would use the same inverter if you had it to do over again. Looking in the range of 1500 to 2000 watts.

Thanks,
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a Xantrex Freedom XC 2000. It's and inverter/converter. But you could get their Freedom X series if you just want a 2000W inverter.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have a Sunforce 1000 watt pure sine wave (https://www.amazon.com/Sunforce-1124...force+inverter) that I've been using for 6 years now (I moved it from my last trailer to this trailer when we bought it 4 years ago).

How big and how fancy depends on what you are going to expect from it. My setup doesn't need anything larger or fancier.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Magnum MS2812. It's a inverter/charger (125 amp charger), and I'm very happy with the setup. Has a built in transfer switch, so I wired it up to handle everything except the AC units and electric side of the hot water heater. Works flawlessly.

Magnum MS2812 2800W Inverter with 125 Amp Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MWAATK..._zB41BbTRBWMM5
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    I am looking to install a pure sine wave inverter in my 297RSTS. I am curious what inverters others have installed, and if you would use the same inverter if you had it to do over again. Looking in the range of 1500 to 2000 watts.

Thanks,
    I don’t have any experience with inverters that small but I’ve heard good things about AIMS.
    They make inverters in that range and they’re more budget friendly than some of the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I installed a 2000W Kisae pure sine inverter in my 297. Works great for my needs. I purchased it through Amazon.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim

I read in a previous post that you connect the output of your inverter to your shore power using an adapter. The issue then came up about using an inverter with the Progressive Industries EMS, which is something they do not recommend. You mentioned that you are using a portable unit, so you were able to connect the shore power cord to the inverter without going through the EMS.

I know you had contacted Progressive Industries concerning the use of an inverter with the EMS and received somewhat of a confusing reply. Since my EMS is hardwired, I though I would reach out to them again, looking perhaps for a better explanation.

Progressive Industries quickly returned my email. There reasoning was that the Pure Sine Wave is too sharp, and causes premature failure of the MOV's on the board (surge protection). In a followup question they said it was OK to connect the inverter after the EMS, knowing that power from the inverter would be applied to the RV wiring side of the contactor in the EMS.
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    Jim

I read in a previous post that you connect the output of your inverter to your shore power using an adapter. The issue then came up about using an inverter with the Progressive Industries EMS, which is something they do not recommend. You mentioned that you are using a portable unit, so you were able to connect the shore power cord to the inverter without going through the EMS.

I know you had contacted Progressive Industries concerning the use of an inverter with the EMS and received somewhat of a confusing reply. Since my EMS is hardwired, I though I would reach out to them again, looking perhaps for a better explanation.

Progressive Industries quickly returned my email. There reasoning was that the Pure Sine Wave is too sharp, and causes premature failure of the MOV's on the board (surge protection). In a followup question they said it was OK to connect the inverter after the EMS, knowing that power from the inverter would be applied to the RV wiring side of the contactor in the EMS.
    Yeah I connected my inverter behind the hard wired EMS. The built in transfer switch makes it easy, no power cord to plug into the inverter. When I unplug, everything just switches over to the inverter.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to put a 24V 8000W victron inverter in mine with 6 Tesla batteries. Runs the AC on batteries all day long. Victrons are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    I'm about to put a 24V 8000W victron inverter in mine with 6 Tesla batteries. Runs the AC on batteries all day long. Victrons are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Someone is off his meds.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast