User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that you have some of the best redfish fishing in the country down in your next of the woods. What's the best time of year for those big ones?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    Can I ask where Puerto Lobos is? I assume on the mainland. We fish Baja a lot and do a lot of the Tony Reyas mother ship trips throughout the entire length of the Sea but am always looking for new areas and anglers that like going. As a former District Sales manager for Penn, Pure Fishing no longer in the industry I miss the talk and spots to go fishing.
    Puerto Lobos is on the mainland about 100 miles South of Puerto Penasco and is due East across the sea from Isla el Muerto and Isla San Luis. It sits on a point that reminds me of the way Italy sits out on the boot shaped point. Sounds like you've followed the trail of Steinbeck and crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    We leave on our annual trip to Puerto Lobos on April 11. here is a pic of my grandson and his Yellowtail from a few years ago, yes we catch them from that little aluminum boat.
    Did you go?
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    I've heard that you have some of the best redfish fishing in the country down in your next of the woods. What's the best time of year for those big ones?
    Spring seems to be the best

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    Did you go?
    Unfortunately not, the whole trip got cancelled due to the virus concerns. First time I've not gone in a dozen years, and believe it or not it's the first time in 41 years that some of the original gang has missed since their Dad's started taking them down there in 1979. I had everything ready, new cross members welded into the boat trailer and a new 12 volt winch on a double receiver for easy retrieval. Hopefully this mess will be figured out by next year.
    Last edited by bigb56; 06-29-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    Unfortunately not, the whole trip got cancelled due to the virus concerns. First time I've not gone in a dozen years, and believe it or not it's the first time in 41 years that some of the original gang has missed since their Dad's started taking them down there in 1979. I had everything ready, new cross members welded into the boat trailer and a new 12 volt winch on a double receiver for easy retrieval. Hopefully this mess will be figured out by next year.
    So many plans cancelled already. We're supposed to go down to FL in Nov. (Not in the RV) Florida is a new hot spot now. We'll see how that goes. Good luck to us all.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123