1 Thread(s)
    Nice work (once again) Rob.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob! When you're finished with mods on your 303 and are ready to move to a new unit, be sure to let me know. That thing has got to be getting pretty close to perfect!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same 2-gallon accumulator tank in 3 trailers now, in our Imagine it's mounted & strapped under the kitchen sink. I did it to stop the short half-cycling in the water pump when we dry camp. An added benefit is the water heater TP valve doesn't weep after a few days as the water heater loses its air bubble.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Accumulator tank mounting 2.0 . . . the "boyscout" mod.

After the previous discussion, I built a new base for my accumulator tank with a vertical arm that supports the tank directly in the forward direction and with the hose clamp that circles the tank, supports it in all other directions as well.

Even though I do tow with an Ecoboost, I can control the jackrabbit starts . So, I configured the main bracing for the disc brake decels. LOL.

All kidding aside, Mark, I do appreciate the tip/reminder. Easy to do at home with a full workshop and nothing broken yet. A much bigger PITA on the road, repairing something that broke.

Rob

So i have my tank installed and its exactly what I needed!

What do you set your tank pressure at?
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    So i have my tank installed and its exactly what I needed!

What do you set your tank pressure at?
    Hi Adam,

The accumulator tank pressure should be set just below the pump cut in pressure, so that you maximize the amount of water stored in the accumulator tank. A system pressure gauge is a great tool for getting this exactly right.

My pump cuts in at 40 psi and out at 50 psi. So, I set the accumulator tank pressure to 38 psi (with water pressure drained).

There is a lot of "advice" out there about setting accumulator tank pressures lower. For example, I have read that 25 psi is the "right" pressure setting. But, all this would mean is that the portion of the accumulator tank filled between 25 psi and 40 psi would never be usable before the pump comes on again at 40 psi.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

The accumulator tank pressure should be set just below the pump cut in pressure, so that you maximize the amount of water stored in the accumulator tank. A system pressure gauge is a great tool for getting this exactly right.

My pump cuts in at 40 psi and out at 50 psi. So, I set the accumulator tank pressure to 38 psi (with water pressure drained).

There is a lot of "advice" out there about setting accumulator tank pressures lower. For example, I have read that 25 psi is the "right" pressure setting. But, all this would mean is that the portion of the accumulator tank filled between 25 psi and 40 psi would never be usable before the pump comes on again at 40 psi.

Rob

got ya. thanks
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

Rob

i have everything set where it should be i think

but after the expansion tank loses pressure the pump comes on and wont shut off. any ideas?

I do have a small leak at the connection to the tank that i will fix but i dont think that would cause it to run continuously, just after it loses the pressure
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

Are you sure the pump won't shut off? It can take maybe 30 seconds to refill the accumulator tank. You really need to install a pressure gauge so that you can see what is happening. After the pump starts, pressure should climb slowly from pump cut in pressure to pump shut off pressure. Then the pressure will drop slowly as you use the water from the accumulator tank. Then the pump will start and the cycle will repeat. The pressure gauge will show you if you are losing any pressure due to a system leak.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

Another thought . . . if the accumulator tank is pushing air back into the pump, this could cause it to not build pressure. Make sure that all air is purged from the system by starting the pump with a faucet open and then closing this faucet after all air bubbles are gone. You should only have to do this on the first system fill.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have installed accumulator tanks in our last 3 trailers, they are fantastic when dry camping.

Installation in our 337 was pretty straight forward; just mounted the tank right behind the basement wall and "T" the cold water line to the bathroom. I do the vertical mounting with some 1/2" galvanized pipe, 3 floor flanges, and 2 worm clamps. I have just never been comfortable with the weight of the tank resting on the a fitting running down the road. I also run a auxiliary air hose from the port on the tank over to a spot I can get to with the wall back up. I try to check the pressure a couple of times a season and I'm one the runs at 25 - 28 PSI, we have found the longest run time without the pump kicking back in is in this range.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pressure Tank Wide.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	16172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pressure Tank Close.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	16173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pressure Tank air fitting.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	16174
    Del & Vickie
    2016 Reflection 337
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD w/Hips - 4WD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast