User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need an accumulator tank

After installing a water filter for drinking in the kitchen I tried turning up the pressure on the water pump to stop it from cycling when using the slow flowing water filter.

It seemd to work but then stopped shutting off ( assuming the shut off was to close to the bypass ) So i turned it back down a bit and it seems to be working better but still cycling when using the filter.

Then I stumbled on these accumulator tanks.

I think it would be great to install one. I was thinking under the bathroom sink since i have some extra space there and could also put a water pressure gauge in to see the system status.

pressure gauge i was looking at
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2L81RV9O&psc=1

Has anyone used either of these tanks?
    https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-182-2...cumulator+tank

https://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-Pre-Pr...tor+tank&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G6T5RZ...0-817859b593e5

Any opinions on any or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Rob put an accumulator tank in his 303. @Cate&Rob.

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam & Juli,

I did include an accumulator tank in the rebuild of the plumbing system in my Reflection 303.

See the story of this (including the accumulator tank) in the attachment to the first post in this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...968#post171968

The tank I used (similar to what I have installed before in boats) is very similar to the one shown in your 3rd link. This tank has a diaphragm in it whereas the smaller plastic tanks do not and will become "waterlogged" after a while. The plastic ones are all too small to be really useful.

An accumulator tank can be T'd into any cold water line where it will fit conveniently. I always install (everything) with a coupling, as shown in my rebuild, so that future service is easy.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Adam & Juli,

I did include an accumulator tank in the rebuild of the plumbing system in my Reflection 303.

See the story of this (including the accumulator tank) in the attachment to the first post in this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...968#post171968

The tank I used (similar to what I have installed before in boats) is very similar to the one shown in your 3rd link. This tank has a diaphragm in it whereas the smaller plastic tanks do not and will become "waterlogged" after a while. The plastic ones are all too small to be really useful.

An accumulator tank can be T'd into any cold water line where it will fit conveniently. I always install (everything) with a coupling, as shown in my rebuild, so that future service is easy.

Rob
    Awesome thanks!
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam & Juli,

Rob
    Rob, each time I'm drawn to review your fine document again I notice that the accumulator tank seems to stand without other support on its outlet fittings. Is it really like that, or have you got it supported in some non-obvious way to prevent it teetering around (weighted with water) when you're moving?

As I said I've noticed it before and even have the uncomfortable feeling I've asked you this before... sorry if I have.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Rob, each time I'm drawn to review your fine document again I notice that the accumulator tank seems to stand without other support on its outlet fittings. Is it really like that, or have you got it supported in some non-obvious way to prevent it teetering around (weighted with water) when you're moving?

As I said I've noticed it before and even have the uncomfortable feeling I've asked you this before... sorry if I have.
    Hi Mark,

This is a good reminder. Yes . . . the accumulator tank is just standing there threaded into its fill fitting. I did think about some sort of additional support but it seems pretty sturdy as is. Albeit . . . it is designed to sit like this in a house that does not move! Unfortunately there is no good way to fasten to these tanks other than by a clamp around the circumference. We have travelled about 600 miles since this was installed with no problems, but I think I will take your advice and come up with a side support, before we head for Florida .

Thanks for the "observation" . . . much appreciated.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I will ... come up with a side support, before we head for Florida . Rob
    I had a sense that you were running out of things to do; glad I could help with that.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,

This is a good reminder. Yes . . . the accumulator tank is just standing there threaded into its fill fitting. I did think about some sort of additional support but it seems pretty sturdy as is. Albeit . . . it is designed to sit like this in a house that does not move! Unfortunately there is no good way to fasten to these tanks other than by a clamp around the circumference. We have travelled about 600 miles since this was installed with no problems, but I think I will take your advice and come up with a side support, before we head for Florida .

Thanks for the "observation" . . . much appreciated.

Rob
    Years ago I supported mine on a foam donut if I remember right. Seems like I should remember important stuff like this better!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2 gallon accumulator tank in my old hunting 5th wheel. Mine is similar to the 3rd one. Mine lays horizontal under dinette seating. It have an air valve stem to adjust the air pressure in the bladder. It certainly keeps the water pump from coming on near as often and gives a lot better and more constant pressure while showering. I am very pleased with it and I've had it ( ac. tank) for 6 years.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accumulator Tank mounting 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I had a sense that you were running out of things to do; glad I could help with that.
    Accumulator tank mounting 2.0 . . . the "boyscout" mod.

After the previous discussion, I built a new base for my accumulator tank with a vertical arm that supports the tank directly in the forward direction and with the hose clamp that circles the tank, supports it in all other directions as well.

Even though I do tow with an Ecoboost, I can control the jackrabbit starts . So, I configured the main bracing for the disc brake decels. LOL.

All kidding aside, Mark, I do appreciate the tip/reminder. Easy to do at home with a full workshop and nothing broken yet. A much bigger PITA on the road, repairing something that broke.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3051.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast