User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a spare 16" mag and tire if anyone is interested. It is brand new 2020 from Grand Design. It is a Westlake tire size is ST235 80 R16.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 inch mag wheel.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	31079
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 inch Westlake Tire.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	31080

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in the market for tires for our 310GK. Discount tire had Carlyles, and could order Hercules. I asked about Goodyear and the sales guy said they showed no Goodyear tires in the G load range. Went to Les Schwab and they had Sailuns about $1000 for four. So I think that is what I’m going for!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my sailuns. Did 4 trips from Ontario to Florida and showed almost no wear. Also I have bought 3 sets so far. 1 for the RV and 2 for work trailers.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Love my sailuns. Did 4 trips from Ontario to Florida and showed almost no wear. Also I have bought 3 sets so far. 1 for the RV and 2 for work trailers.
    Good to hear! It is great to have tires you can trust!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdrifter1 View Post
    Good to hear! It is great to have tires you can trust!
    Depending on where you're traveling (mainly far from home), I'd highly suggest buying tires from a company or chain that will replace them at any location IF you have an issue.

I purchased my Sailuns from a national chain; however, since each location is a franchise... they would NOT replace them at just any location. I had to have them replaced at local tire location. Which might be ok until you have two that blow and only 1 spare and still 400 miles away.
    2022 F450 Lariat
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    According to the informal poll here on our forum regarding Westlake tire failures, of the 87 respondents:

54 reported no failures
    20 reported failures
    13 swapped to another brand of tire

These are most likely all E rated tires as Grand Design only "recently" started shipping units with G rated Westlake tires.

Very few problems with the Westlake G-rated tires. I think I have only read 1 report of there being a problem with the G-rated tires by Westlake.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmfan View Post
    Depending on where you're traveling (mainly far from home), I'd highly suggest buying tires from a company or chain that will replace them at any location IF you have an issue.

I purchased my Sailuns from a national chain; however, since each location is a franchise... they would NOT replace them at just any location. I had to have them replaced at local tire location. Which might be ok until you have two that blow and only 1 spare and still 400 miles away.
    I bought some Carlyles from Discount Tire on my previous trailer and was able to get a flat fixed at one out of town. I actually do most of my traveling in the western half of the US and Les Schwab pretty well covers that area. Since my choice at Discount Tire were Carlyle and Hercules I didn’t go with them and they are the only truly national chain in my area except Firestone.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Very few problems with the Westlake G-rated tires. I think I have only read 1 report of there being a problem with the G-rated tires by Westlake.
    Did you get the letters mixed up? I have the Westlake G-rated, and I believe there have been a few issues with the G-rated. I'll replace with the Sailun, and hope the problems with the
    Vietnam made ones have been a fluke. But that will probably be next year.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Did you get the letters mixed up? I have the Westlake G-rated, and I believe there have been a few issues with the G-rated. I'll replace with the Sailun, and hope the problems with the
    Vietnam made ones have been a fluke. But that will probably be next year.
    Several years ago at a national rally Lionshead had the G=rated westlake and the Goodyear Marathon for display side by side. I could not tell the difference weight wise strength of sidewalls, anything I looked at other than the names on them you wouldn't know which was which. Since then I have been watching for posts about people having problems with the Westlake G-rated tires. I believe your post was the only the second I have seen. I have read posts from people commenting they have put a lot of miles on the G-rated Westlakes without any problems. No matter who makes them there will be a problem with one eventually.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Several years ago at a national rally Lionshead had the G=rated westlake and the Goodyear Marathon for display side by side. I could not tell the difference weight wise strength of sidewalls, anything I looked at other than the names on them you wouldn't know which was which. Since then I have been watching for posts about people having problems with the Westlake G-rated tires. I believe your post was the only the second I have seen. I have read posts from people commenting they have put a lot of miles on the G-rated Westlakes without any problems. No matter who makes them there will be a problem with one eventually.
    I have no first hand knowledge of problems with the G-rated Westlakes. I've read of issues with the Westlakes on this forum, but the sizes and ratings are rarely listed. But it does
    seem like there have been at least one that was a G-rated Westlake. I cannot swear to it though.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456