User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Heater Again

We are on the third night of a six night trip to the California coast. When getting ready to do the dishes my wife announces "no hot water". This happened before about two months ago at which time with help from JD I was able to get everything working. It stayed working for a five night trip to the central coast. This time I first checked the CB and the 2amp fuse on the circuit board. Both appeared fine. Next I unplugged the connector on the circuit board no joy, next I unplugged reconnected the red ECO wire the gas lit for just a moment. Next I turned the AC off and the DSI light came on and stayed on. I then turned everything off waited about 2 min. turned both back on and the gas was lit when I checked. I think I have an intermittent circuit board. I will call JD tomorrow to see what to do next. We almost made it with no issues. Our next trip is for three weeks and about 2000 miles, I need everything to work.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Boomer - What is the DSI Light? I've never seen ours lit up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jim,
    Hope all is well with you! I've been following all your trouble along they way. We have yet to take a trip where something hasn't gone wrong. I'm thankful that GD is so easy to work with, JD has been able to help with advice and parts.
    As for your question DSI stands for direct spark ignition. This light comes on when the water heater won't ignite when in the gas only mode. This can occur when the temp control senses over temp and shuts of the gas. I usually run my heater on AC and it's worked great most of the time we have never run out of hot water except when the heater failed.
    Wishing you safe travels.
    Reflection 303RLS,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a update. I got the gas mode to work last night. Got the dishes washed the turned it back to electric to see if this would work. Well in the morning I tested for hot water and it turned out to be hot but not as hot as normally, where you can't touch it. Called GD and spoke with a new guy Dean. He was helpful to a degree but wasn't familiar enough with the product to get me to the finish line like JD. In the end I found that the ECO switch was only making partial contact with the tank. I got it all the way back in with the entire surface touching the tank. I turned on the gas and it worked as advertised. I will check the AC after we complete our morning showers and clean up.
    Reflection 303RLS,