User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    graynomad

Mattress in our new 337 reflection

Hello to everyone. Hoping some one will be able to help us. We recently bought a 337 (like only 4 weeks ago) and the mattress in it has already started to sag big time, we are not big people so it is not because of that. I cut the tag off it because I didnt think we would be having this kind of a problem with a new mattress. Called GD and sent pictures of the mattress but they now want us to take it back to the dealer so they can take more pictures, what a pain, they only need to look at when we bought and took ownership of it to know we have the mattress they put in it, any way we are looking at having to get another mattress as this one is imposible to sleep on so need some help on what to get? We measured it and it is 60 x 80 so a normal queen but seen some one say it is a short queen.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 x 80 is a normal queen. I've read of many issues about GD's mattresses, even though they're pillow tops.

We're going to put a 2" memory foam topper and a good mattress pad on our bed as soon as our 337BHS arrives.

My wife has back problems, and she has problems sleeping anywhere but on her memory foam mattress on an adjustable bed.

I would think Grand Design would get a replacement mattress from the bed manufacturer, so you may be in the same fix later. This bed would be good to go in a guest room.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your problems with the mattress. We haven't had any problem with ours though we added 2" of memory foam...as comfortable as at home. The mattress is a regular queen size...60 x 80".

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

graynomad
    You say they are pillow tops, ours isnt, it is hard as a rock and where we have been laying for only 4 weeks you touch the wood underneath, going to buy a new mattress today and will send this one back to them.

graynomad
    we would add a memory foam but this mattress is to far gone, we tried turning it around but after an hour in bed we got up and had to turn it back the way it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second night out I bought two inches of memory foam. Great nights sleep after that
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a King size in our Solitude 369RL. Its 72" x 80" (Australian king size) mattress which is a kind of memory foam. Its somewhat hard but comfortable. We slept on it for over 5 months and it is still in good shape. It hasn't degraded in any way. I have a bad back and love this mattress.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gray, the first thing we changed out was the mattress.
    We went with a 10-inch Queen Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
    It was the best decision we made!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those mattresses are rocks!! Before we even slept on our mattress we added a 4", 5lb memory foam, I sleep great on it. Firm and supportive but gentle on the pressure points. I also have a bad back and sensitive pressure point areas
    and the combo is better than the house bed. I find there is no more tossing and turning

We might just go back to the Foam Factory and get one for the house. Well worth the short drive.

It raises the bed higher than the plugs so I added small extension cords like this.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

graynomad
    thanks everyone for answer but the mattress to far gone to put a topper on it, went shopping today and will just buy us a new decent mattress and hope Grand Design will compensate us something for the crap mattress they put in it. We sent them pictures but now they want us to take it to the dealer to take more pictures and then make a decision but we cant wait till then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast