User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lidreaux

memory foam mattress in Solitude

Hey Everyone!!!

I'm new to the forum. We just purchased our Solitude and we are taking delivery on July 11, 2014, leaving the dealership and going on our first adventure..."Ghost Hunting 101 in Lafayette." DON'T LAUGH!!! (Apparently I am more excited than hubby about this excursion. LOL)
    Anywho...Just wondering what you all think of the memory foam mattress. I laid on it at the dealership and it seems hard to me. I have rods in my back, a hip replacement, and a bad neck so I need comfort. Maybe if I actually slept on it for a while, I might like it...I don't know. I was thinking about swapping my Trump Home pillow top mattress from our 2011 Cardinal to the 2015 Solitude. Looking for input on either mattress.

Thanks,
    Lisa & Dreaux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Lisa & Dreaux,

Welcome to the forum. You can get allot of information from this site. We had to add a foam topper to our mattress to make it more comfortable. Fortunately we had one in our previous rv and just moved it over. After we added the topper we are good to go. We purchased our topper from Sam's Club and well worth the money. Happy Camping!
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Trump mattress in my Columbus, and think it is hard....

I haven't spent a night on the Solitude mattress though.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Lidreaux
    Thanks for your input Mary.

I found some other info about the mattress on this forum and seems like a lot of people are complaining about it. Now I'm wondering if the better option might be to keep the Solitude mattress and get a good topper cause I certainly don't want to damage the walls or the doors trying to swap it out. The dealer said they would do it but now I'm wondering about the damage to the RV during the process.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing you would have to worry about is the size of mattress you have in your Solitude and clearances. In our Reflection 337 our bed just touches the dresser in our bedroom when the slide is in. The mattress is actually a short (RV) queen. Our really nice mattress was a full sized queen so it was a no go in transferring it over. BOOOO. We did need a topper.

Other then that should be no issues at all in switching out mattresses we pulled our "good" old one out of my folks scrapped RV and put it into our travel trailer without any issue.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Lisa and congratulations on your Solitude!

Steve

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A memory foam topper would be a good addition to just about any bed.

My wife has health issues, and I got her an adjustable bed and memory foam mattress at BedInABox.com. Quality and service is beyond compare. Too bad I have never slept in the bed because the grandchildren have taken it over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Lisa & Dreaux and welcome to the forums!
    Is Ghost Hunting 101 the one offered at UL? I heard those are fun and informative. Let us know

As for the mattress, that's the first change we made. We ordered a new 10' cool memory foam mattress.
    It was easy to get into the camper and put in the bedroom
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Check out bedinabox.com. I have 2 of their Mattress's in my house. Been about 6 years now and they feel great! I have a PacBamboo13" and a Pacbed original 11". I know a few years ago they would build them to fit your RV bed. If I need one for my 303 I will go to bedinabox.com

Lidreaux
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. This is a great forum and everyone is very helpful. I've already printed about 50 pages of information.
    Yes, Ghost Hunting 101 is at UL and it's next weekend. My husband is a non-believer but, if something happens on this trip to scare the bejesus out of him, he will be a believer then. LOL
    The actual outing is Saturday night, July 12th. They haven't told us where we are going yet but, I hope I get something amazing to share with you!
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast