Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Picked up new 303 last Friday: MY thoughts

We picked up our Reflection 303 last Friday. So far looking over things I am pretty impressed. I will know more when we take a one week trip in a couple of weeks.
    Few things I noticed:
    There is a furnace grill behind the toilet and it is hooked up to nothing. When I looked down in it I could see pex piping. When I looked thru storage area there is nothing there. Maybe they are thinking heat from storage area will go thru the grill to the bathroom. Maybe I'm missing ductwork. I do have a heat duct at the base of the cabinet in the bathroom.
    I noticed my spare tire was hanging a little loose so I cranked it down and I noticed they cut a big X { 6 inches}in the plastic sheet under the trailer so the crank cable can pass thru. It was a open hole. Unless you want to invite Mickey {mouse}and Alvin {the chipmunk} In your camper you might want to close this up. I used black duct tape and now I have a opening for just the cable to glide thru.
    I am impressed with the fresh water drain valve under the 5th wheel. Has anybody actually seen it. Not just a cheap drain plug.
    After reading Pjs2500hd post on his repair and pictures sounds like he found the solution for the Awning rail coming loose off the wall. I will do mine once my rivets arrive and not wait for it to fall off. Look up Awning coming off: Reflection 337RLS
    I flipped the battery shut off in the storage area and noticed the landing legs in the front and cap light still work. Nothing inside worked. I read something about unhooking a terminal on the battery when u flip switch to off. Anyone help me on this one?
    Noticed I only got one key for the front battery storage area. Is this the norm?
    I will leave on a good feeling and hope my first trip is a good one.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went online to a major supplier of rivets trying to find the kind that expand behind the wall--and didn't find what's needed.

I did find the expanding screw type anchors like they use to hang pictures, etc. They're available in 3/16" x 1" too. A couple of them would work if properly installed.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will love your 303.

I think the grill behind the toilet is the air return. There is another one under the hutch.

The key for the front hatch is the standard rv hatch key. I forget the number. We had an extra from our previous camper that works.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

There is no need to disconnect the battery when in storage. The shut off switch will prevent any parasitic current drains while the unit is in storage. The landing gear and light won't draw any current unless you activate the switch.

I only received one key for my front storage too, but asked my dealer for another one. It's a 751 key which any dealer or RV dealer should have for a couple dollars.

Happy travels to you!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to dyersonline.com it's a RV store and look up oscar rivets. Item # 83801. They sell them under Dometic who makes awnings and slide toppers. The rivets mushroom out in the wall.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 303 the front landing gear switch is under the front over hang along with the front cap light switch. Very easy for someone to play with the switches. Luckily mine is not in a storage lot and is parked next to my house. It's still easy for someone to play with the landing gear. I take it you would have to disconnect the battery to kill the landing gear switch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you sitting in your 303 right now?? The more time you spend in it the more you'll love it. I agree, the vent behind the toilet is a cold air return. We received 2 storage compartment keys, 2 of all keys.
    Happy Camping
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took our 751 key from our old trailer to use as a second for this one. It actually blows my mind you can get into any pass through that uses those locks. I actually didn't realize the duct was an air intake, going to have to look closer at my rig.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahnaca View Post
    We took our 751 key from our old trailer to use as a second for this one. It actually blows my mind you can get into any pass through that uses those locks. I actually didn't realize the duct was an air intake, going to have to look closer at my rig.
    . This is the answer from the northeast rep. From GD on the vents: They are warm air returns. We heat the underbelly with forced air and the Pex is run through to utilize that heat to keep it from freezing in unseasonably cool temperatures. As for the reason warm air returns and not cold air returns, it is because we use radiant foil in the underbelly to trap the heat and then alloy that same heat to rise and heat the floor, the bathroom and the bedroom. I looked at my vents at the bottom of my Island and those look like heat ducts for the living room-kitchen.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed my Combi-Cam combination lock on my front storage door. No more 751 common key. I had to put a washer between outside of door and Combi-Cam because my metal door trim was touching the turn knob on the Combi-Cam. Ordered it thru Amazon and you can even order a cover for it to. The cover does not come in the package with the Combi-Cam. They have the cover on Amazon. It works great. You set your own combination number.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105_1843.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105_1842.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105_1846.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	85.3 KB