Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Market Stabilizers

What are people using for after market stabilizer's, with my 303RLS I experience a fair amount of back and forth motion when anyone walks though the camper. Have you installed after market stabilizer if so what kind and where did you install it ?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some use the chocks between the tandem axles that completely locks the tires. Some use the diagonal stabilizer bars from the frame to the feet on their front two stabilizers. And some use the triangular support under the pin for stabilization. Take your pick of one or more.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to put my two cents in for Steadyfast. I took them off my Avalanche before trading the unit in and just installed them this weekend on the Reflection. It's going to be a hassle if I ever have to change a tire because of how close it is to the spare tire but the wobble is just about all gone. After putting the brackets and bars on, it takes less than a minute to tighten the stabilizer bars up. Don't have to worry about taking up storage space for a king pin unit, between the wheel chocks. American made unit and they are wonderful to work with!
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After using my 303 one time, I installed the JT Strong Arm system on it. They seem to have eliminated 90% of the movement. Installation did require modification to the propane black pipe on the street side. With 4-90 degree fittings, 1-10" nipple, and 1-48" pipe everything fit perfectly on the front. The aft end required anchoring to the bumper due to the design of the powered rear stabilizers. This may prevent obtaining 100% efficiency for the JT Strong Arm, but since the bumper is welded to the frame I suspect there will be no issues.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also installed the SteadyFast bars from our previous camper and am happy with the results. Here's a link to a previous discussion on stabilization... http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ght=steadyfast

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

brj1593
    Installed Steadyfast to our 323 bhs this weekend. Amazing results and simple to install. Highly recommend this product. We did weld the brackets to the frame as drilling holes did not sound fun. Wish GD had this as an option from the factory.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a set of these on our previous 5th wheel and transferred them to our Reflection. Simple bolt on installation, no drilling or welding and takes out all sideways movement at the front of the trailer.

http://www.winfieldrvproducts.com/LA...SS_BRACES.html
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed JT strong arm a couple weeks ago, went camping with some friends over Labor Day weekend, it rained for several hours Sunday night, everyone gathered in my coach. At one point we had 14 people in my camper....wow the coach didn't even move... Totally impressed.

pcjunki
    We also have a 303RLS and all I use is a scissor jack block system between the two wheels on the entry door side and a three-point jack on the front fith-wheel piece (not sure what they call it). That and the use of the stabalizers in the rear cut down on the amount of movement tremendously. We have three little dogs and before I got the tri-pod for the front whe had a lot of movement and that has been almost eliminated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are using the tripod stabilizer on the pin box. We now have minimal movement. This was a cheap and easy solution.
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Lodi, California
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch