User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbronc1 View Post
    My wife and I just purchased our new 376TH and I have been concerned about the directv install. I have purchased 3 HD receivers from Winegard and the HD Tripod Dish setup with SWIM.

I saw your post on what appears to be a Momentum 376 TH and I can’t thank you enough for posting. I am still a little worried but the way you have your setup is the way I want mine configured also. Please let me know if you have any more tips. Thanks

Dave

I thank you for appreciating my post. Since you are not going to have the satellite mounted on top and are going to use a tripod dish you do not need to have the power booster mounted the way I do. It’s been a while since I’ve studied this but I do believe you can have the Genie and the power booster all mounted next to your main TV if you choose. There is a second option to connect all your RF cables to make it work that way. That option would be up to you which way you choose to go. You would still need to run an RF cable back to a central location to make all of your connections like the way I did. Remember that the way I mounted the power booster was to allow me the option to use my tri-pod whenever I was caught in a situation that the signal may be blocked by trees, etc.

With all that being said, I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and or make changes in the future. I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and/or make changes in the future.

Congratulations on your new purchase, and good luck with your install.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 02-28-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. I am actually using the 3 individual receivers with the HD DVR in the living room. I think I can mount the power booster next to the tv in living room correct? I loved the way you kept the wiring to the swim clean and neat with the short cables and elbow connectors and I actually finished them up last night and I am going to use your photo and configure the same way. In the configuration I am using with the individual receivers would you recommend mounting the power booster as you did or by the TV. I’m a retired military guy and just really appreciate your neat and clean mounting configuration. Thanks for your help and let me know your thoughts on the power boost.

Dave

QUOTE=vonzoog;281127]I thank you for appreciating my post. Since you are not going to have the satellite mounted on top and are going to use a tripod dish you do not need to have the power booster mounted the way I do. It’s been a while since I’ve studied this but I do believe you can have the Genie and the power booster all mounted next to your main TV if you choose. There is a second option to connect all your RF cables to make it work that way. That option would be up to you which way you choose to go. You would still need to run an RF cable back to a central location to make all of your connections like the way I did. Remember that the way I mounted the power booster was to allow me the option to use my tri-pod whenever I was caught in a situation that the signal may be blocked by trees, etc.

With all that being said, I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and or make changes in the future. I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and/or make changes in the future.

Congratulations on your new purchase, and good luck with your install.[/QUOTE]
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali HD
    Air Lift WirelessONE Compressor w/ EZ-MOUNT
    2019 Momentum 376TH
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info. I am actually using the 3 individual receivers with the HD DVR in the living room. I think I can mount the power booster next to the tv in living room correct? I loved the way you kept the wiring to the swim clean and neat with the short cables and elbow connectors and I actually finished them up last night and I am going to use your photo and configure the same way. In the configuration I am using with the individual receivers would you recommend mounting the power booster as you did or by the TV. I’m a retired military guy and just really appreciate your neat and clean mounting configuration. Thanks for your help and let me know your thoughts on the power boost.

Dave
    If you go on line and search you will find that with the single cable configuration there two different way to connect everything depending upon where your power source in relation to your receiver(s) is going to be located. The connection to the splitter is a little different (I think). So please double check. Either way you should be able to mount you splitter where I did to make all your connection beyond (to other receivers) easier.

I located the power source where I did for two reasons. The easy ability (and my main reason) to swap between my roof top dish and a ground tri-pod mount outside somewhere. The second is that I have the luxury to store the Momentum in my pole barn. When I park it inside I am able to connect to shore power to keep my battery charge, refrigerator on, etc., etc.. So when I disconnect and level the unit when storing I just reach in and unplugged the satellite power box so that it not continually running while not being used and reconnect when setting up camp.

Again, I believe that the way I did all of the cable connections allow the best way for me and possible changes in the future.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, followed your example and everything works great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali HD
    2019 Momentum 376TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, followed your example and everything works great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re welcome. Glad to hear that it all worked out.

Now I’m going to let my wife know that some people do appreciate things that I do.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    You’re welcome. Glad to hear that it all worked out.

Now I’m going to let my wife know that some people do appreciate things that I do.
    I will keep in touch if you don’t mind, we are just starting full time so you likely have a lot of experience that will assist me if I run into issues if you don’t mind the questions. Cheers my friend!
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali HD
    2019 Momentum 376TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Grand Design owners!
    We have committed to a 2019 Grand Design Solitude 380. One question regarding a wire chase from the roof to basement. I see the unit has the solar prep package installed, however, I would like to pull wires for solar panels, from the roof to the basement.
    Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if the newer models with solar prep are already wired from the roof to the basement. In any case, you should be able to run whatever you want through the chase. In my situation I only have the satellite cables running through the chase. I could have ran more wires and/or cables. It would be tight, but it can be done.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    I am not sure if the newer models with solar prep are already wired from the roof to the basement. In any case, you should be able to run whatever you want through the chase. In my situation I only have the satellite cables running through the chase. I could have ran more wires and/or cables. It would be tight, but it can be done.
    Thank you for responding. I appreciate it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234