User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic slide not working

Just got to Myrtle Beach, site we set up on has a slight crown, higher in the center. I set up the auto level, front jacks fully extended. I then went to put out the kitchen and table slides but they would not go out. I retracted the jacks, put the slides out the leveled. Seems like it ran out of fluid and would not push the slides out until jacks retracted and fluid back in res. Now that everything is out there is only about 1/4-1/2 inch of fluid in tank. Seems low?? Any thoughts on this??
    Thanks
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring everything in and check your fluid level.

IF it is low, keep an eye out for leaks.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t see any leaks any where. What should the fluid level be at when everything retracted? I barely have a 1/4 tank of fluid. Was told by dealer this normal???
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuggs View Post
    Don’t see any leaks any where. What should the fluid level be at when everything retracted? I barely have a 1/4 tank of fluid. Was told by dealer this normal???
    Not correct (not normal). Fluid is way to low. May or may not be any leaks. Check each fitting at the jack and the end of the slide cylinders (easiest to get to when slides are all the way out). Or may have a leak at the cylinders and dripping onto the corplas, which you will not see.

When we received our Solitude, I had to add 1/2 GALLON of ATF fluid to bring it up to the Lippert "full line". The line is actually a molded line on the translucent reservoir bottle near the top. Our has an LCI label on it. really really poor picture, but the only one I had. At the top of the label it say "fill line" and arrows pointing to the top of the label. Hope this helps.
    Attachment 16202

Note: The system is self-bleeding. If you did get air into the system (you will have erratic start and stop motion as the pump is running), run everything (slides and all jacks) through their full range of motion a few (3~5) times to bleed all the air out.
    Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris!! I will get some fluid, top it off and run everything fully to bleed system. Fluid being that low didn’t seem right to me but I’ve never had anything with hydraulics before so I took the dealers word.
    Thanks again,
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got to Myrtle Beach, site we set up on has a slight crown, higher in the center. I set up the auto level, front jacks fully extended. I then went to put out the kitchen and table slides but they would not go out. I retracted the jacks, put the slides out the leveled. Seems like it ran out of fluid and would not push the slides out until jacks retracted and fluid back in res. Now that everything is out there is only about 1/4-1/2 inch of fluid in tank. Seems low?? Any thoughts on this?? Thanks Don
    There's a small ray of sunshine in what your incompetent dealer has done to you: you're in a position to easily add something called "anti-stiction fluid" to your hydraulic system. (When I did it I had to siphon out a bunch of fluid and then add some back per the instructions; a messy job.)

The anti-stiction fluid is intended to reduce popping noises and jerky performance of the hydraulics. While I didn't think I was having serious trouble on our brand-new trailer I did the upgrade anyway as a precaution, and found that it noticeably smoothed and quieted operation of the landing gear.

The instructions for this modest upgrade are in the following document from Lippert. Note that while it suggests choosing one of three brands of anti-stiction fluid, I found advice in a few places suggesting that CAT is the only one to buy.

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0295.pdf
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect!!! Thanks for the heads up. I’m having those noise and also was told is “normal”.
    I’ll find a CAT dealer while I’m done here and add it.
    My dealer Campers Inn should go for a factory lesson on a lot of things!

Thanks again,
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris!! I will get some fluid, top it off and run everything fully to bleed system. Fluid being that low didn’t seem right to me but I’ve never had anything with hydraulics before so I took the dealers word.
    Thanks again,
    Don
    Keep in mind, the fluid should be at the full mark when everything is retracted (slides and all landing gear). Best to fill the fluid while hooked up to the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... thank you. Plan to do it when I get home in my yard so I have time to run everything in and out a few times.
    Thanks again!!
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup what everybody above said I read about the anti-stiction fluid and bought some ($30 a quart) and then had to add another 2 quarts of ATF. Works mostly good now
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast