Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh-oh.....

...rain falling softly and cool crisp Canadian air washes over the RV park -- my afternoon nap is interrupted by a terrible realization. I do not know the height of my 337 with the front Atwood AC attached. I know the rig is 12'4" without but what is it with the AC? It has to be way over 13', right!? Anybody know?
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    ...rain falling softly and cool crisp Canadian air washes over the RV park -- my afternoon nap is interrupted by a terrible realization. I do not know the height of my 337 with the front Atwood AC attached. I know the rig is 12'4" without but what is it with the AC? It has to be way over 13', right!? Anybody know?
    Hey Dean and Cindy!

Hope this finds you well!! Sounds like you are traveling somewhere where the clearance might not be enough!!! Smart that you thought of it before instead of AFTER!!!
    Great travels! Keep us up on where you are!
    Allen and Sandi
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dean...I measured 13' 0" on our 337 to the top of a Fanastic Fan vent cover that I have on the bedroom vent. A A/C unit may be a 1" or two taller than the vent cover.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I was asking is the brochure says the AC is 13.6 inches in height and if the height of the coach is 148" (12' 4"), and if I recheck my figures on my pocket abacus that puts me at almost 13.5 '. That doesn't sound right. I must just be barley clearing bridges.

Regards to Vitus,
    Dean
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

BBJonbo
    Those must be some pretty short bridges you are travelling under .

The average height of a 18 wheeler is around 13.6" which puts you right in the ballpark for trucks. Assuming you are on major trucking roadways you should be more than safe.

I suspect your 13.5' estimate is likely correct and hope that most bridges are truck friendly.

Of course RVing is about getting to unique and interesting places so it's great to be aware of your overall height in case you do come across a very short bridge.

Hope you keep plenty of space above your head and that your travels are safe.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJonbo View Post
    Those must be some pretty short bridges you are travelling under .

The average height of a 18 wheeler is around 13.6" which puts you right in the ballpark for trucks. Assuming you are on major trucking roadways you should be more than safe.

I suspect your 13.5' estimate is likely correct and hope that most bridges are truck friendly.

Of course RVing is about getting to unique and interesting places so it's great to be aware of your overall height in case you do come across a very short bridge.

Hope you keep plenty of space above your head and that your travels are safe.
    Will do and thanks!
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the first things I did when I got my 323BHS home was to measure it's height and length as well as the length when it was hooked to my TV. For the height, I had it disconnected and leveled in my driveway. My unit also has the forward AC. The measurement I got from the top of the forward AC was 13' 1".