User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up using Fan Mate covers. I also replaced the cheesy, cheap single speed manual fan in the bath with a motorized Fantastic fan with remote control.
    Yep... I was absolutely blown away (not literally...LOL) when I walked into the main bath and saw that crappy single speed fan in such a large bathroom.
    I'll be adding that mod to my growing list....
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plan/Hope is to replace the bathroom fan with a remote one. But only replacing the fan and mounting bracket and not the entire housing/etc.
    Harold & Susie
    2019 344GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be aware of the additional height above the roof

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryh View Post
    Be aware of the additional height above the roof
    For folks with travel trailers and flat roofs, I believe the roof air sticks up higher, even after installing vent covers.
    But since our fifth wheel roof is arched and
    I put covers on all 3 of my vents, the bathroom cover ended up sticking up a good 3” above my roof air, which was previously the highest point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUESTION: Has anyone replaced their tiny bathroom fan with a MaxxFan Deluxe (#00-07500K)? How did the swap work out for you?

Yes, a $90k+ MSRP coach and GD could not spring for a good fan in the bathroom!!!!! I think GD cheap'ed out on that feature!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    My Reflection is pretty much the same set up of your Solitude.
    No, the maxx air vents will not fully open with covers on them
    The power one above the island, opens until it senses pressure on the lid, then the motor stops opening. Designed that way.
    I have the ez clip maxx air on the power vent and a regular maxx air on the vent in the bathroom.
    This is good to know as I have been wanting to add these covers to both our kitchen area vent fan and the bath vent fan. Since I had vent covers on our previous two rigs and found the cover contacted the vent cover before fully extended and since our fans in both cases were manual, I just raised the vent lid until it contacted the vent, but since the vent fan in our kitchen area has a motor I was concerned it would damage the motor if it was not allowed to finish raising the lid and have held up purchasing one. Since it has a rain sensor we are not concerned with leaving the vent opened if it were to rain but want to have the option of leaving the vent open and fan operating while travelling in hot weather and if we need venting while cooking while raining.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    QUESTION: Has anyone replaced their tiny bathroom fan with a MaxxFan Deluxe (#00-07500K)? How did the swap work out for you?

Yes, a $90k+ MSRP coach and GD could not spring for a good fan in the bathroom!!!!! I think GD cheap'ed out on that feature!
    Yep, I thought the same thing. We have 2020 310GK-R, told dealer to replace it. Cost me about 400.00$$$$$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awcoptx View Post
    Yep, I thought the same thing. We have 2020 310GK-R, told dealer to replace it. Cost me about 400.00$$$$$.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	24781
    We also put the Max Air covers on. They really work great, now can leave vent open even in the rain. The new fan in the bathroom is low enough to real from the floor we just got the 10 speed manual fan. With the manual you can leave it open just a bit, not closed or open all the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thread on this topic.....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lacement/page4

I ended up doing the replacement of the tiny fan myself and so glad we did. $400 is not bad for the fan replacement by the dealer, the 7500 series cost $300 plus two tubes of Dicor ($22). I would have been happy to pay $78 for labor because it took me three or so hours to replacement, but that's me because the old Dicor sealant is really hard to remove - that alone took at least two hours and I rubbed my fingerprints off (LOL).

One day I may replace the kitchen fan with the same #00-07500K model to make them match, but that will wait until it fails.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awcoptx View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	24781
    We also put the Max Air covers on. They really work great, now can leave vent open even in the rain. The new fan in the bathroom is low enough to real from the floor we just got the 10 speed manual fan. With the manual you can leave it open just a bit, not closed or open all the way.

Does the fan you purchased have the reverse speeds too?
    Our old pickup camper had a Max Air fan over the bed that spun both directions, so if we wanted to bring in cool air from outside we could.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast