User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What MaxX Air Vent Cover?

My new Solitude has a Maxx Air auto fan in living area and a manual fan in bath. I bought two Maxx Air vent covers at CW and they are not tall enough for either of the vents to open fully. I took them back to CW and all they had were same height. They said I needed a special cover for my fans.

I had fantastic fans on my previous rig and the normal Maxx Air covers worked.

Can anyone who has vent covers advise what worked for you? I am concerned that if the cover does not let the Maxx Air auto cover fully open, it will burn out the motor that raises the fan.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection is pretty much the same set up of your Solitude.
    No, the maxx air vents will not fully open with covers on them
    The power one above the island, opens until it senses pressure on the lid, then the motor stops opening. Designed that way.
    I have the ez clip maxx air on the power vent and a regular maxx air on the vent in the bathroom.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda remember that Maxx air makes a cover that may allow the vent to open fully. I'd check with them. I also kinda remember it being over $70. I'd google it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same setup, I just open the bath vent until it hits the Maxx air and let it go. The power vent over the island I did not cover as it closes as soon as rain hits it.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Fanmate covers on both mine because I'm overly anal. Wanted them to match. The living area fan already has pegs for it. Slip on and pin. They are way overpriced and you need to order bug screens separately. They did come with brackets to install on non-power opening fans.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    My new Solitude has a Maxx Air auto fan in living area and a manual fan in bath.
    I bought two Maxx Air vent covers at CW and they are not tall enough for either of the vents to open fully.
    I took them back to CW and all they had were same height. They said I needed a special cover for my fans.

Can anyone who has vent covers advise what worked for you?
    I am concerned that if the cover does not let the Maxx Air auto cover fully open, it will burn out the motor that raises the fan.

I was told by customer service at Maxxair that the motor will turn until it meets resistance and it doesn't hurt the motor.
    Here's a video of mine opening, and you can tell the last split second it runs into the Maxxair vent cover and stops with no issues.
    I installed these about 9 months ago and we use it a lot, never an issue. I installed one on each vent in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

These are the covers we bought though, they were cheaper at the time, than Camper World.
    Maybe they're a little taller than yours?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1896.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	16365
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I was told by customer service at Maxxair that the motor will turn until it meets resistance and it doesn't hurt the motor.
    Here's a video of mine opening, and you can tell the last split second it runs into the Maxxair vent cover and stops with no issues.
    I installed these about 9 months ago and we use it a lot, never an issue. I installed one on each vent in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

These are the covers we bought though, they were cheaper at the time, than Camper World.
    Maybe they're a little taller than yours?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1896.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	16365
    I have 3 Maxx Air I on our Momentum. They seem to vent nicely. I was at Camping World looking for new vent covers for our new 2018 374 Solitude. I was thinking about getting the Maxx Air II and the parts guy said that the cover didn't have the ability to flow enough air out of the cover on high putting a strain on the fan motor.

Thoughts??? KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to the current Maxx Air brochure: https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=1770186b_2
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    My new Solitude has a Maxx Air auto fan in living area and a manual fan in bath. I bought two Maxx Air vent covers at CW and they are not tall enough for either of the vents to open fully. I took them back to CW and all they had were same height. They said I needed a special cover for my fans.

Can anyone who has vent covers advise what worked for you? I am concerned that if the cover does not let the Maxx Air auto cover fully open, it will burn out the motor that raises the fan.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post187290

Start with post #22 and you'll see I had the same question/problem. BL: That's the way it is designed, as dumb as that may sound. It's not an issue.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up using Fan Mate covers. I also replaced the cheesy, cheap single speed manual fan in the bath with a motorized Fantastic fan with remote control.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast