User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connect Anywhere with Voice

Our 2019 381M came with this Connect Anywhere with Voice system, and we are having a heck of a time getting it connected. There seems to be very limited information on how to get hooked up. The pamphlet says to go to AT & T and get an "activated" SIM card and install it in the module. I went to our local AT & T store and they had no clue what I was referring to. I contacted Lippert CS, and the tech said I needed a IoT (Internet of Things) Data Plan SIM card. I googled that, and found this link:

https://marketplace.att.com/products...north-americal

Back to the AT & T store and told them what I needed, and they were still somewhat clueless. They did attempt to set up a plan, but when they put in my IMEI number, their system said it was an invalid number. I went to our local GD dealer and asked them if they could shed some light on what I needed, and was told by three service persons that they too were trying to figure it out without success.

If I go to the link above, there is a pull down menu where you choose your device, the choice being required to purchase the SIM, and there is no reference to the LCI device that I could find. I put in a call to GD CS yesterday to see if they could help. I was transferred to a manager I think, left a voice mail, and have not received a return call yet. Looking on the FB Momentum page, there are others in the same boat.

Bottom line is... HELP!!!

John

Edited to add LCI's link: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...tart_Guide.pdf
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 07-08-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Corrected links as requested
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John
    Does this thing travel down the road by itself to?(just kidding)
    I think from reading the manual all you need is an activated sim card from AT&T. I know you said they had no clue but all you need is the card to be activated just like adding another phone but you do not need the phone. Your "phone" is the module that the sim card goes into.
    Just thinking out loud here.

Brian

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, it becomes much more complicated than that Brian. In order to activate a SIM, you need some kind of data account, whether it's an IoT account, or a data plan like you would have on a tablet. We even tried to do that, but the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number on the module came back as an invalid number in their system. That number as I understand it is part of the activation process. My perception is that perhaps Lippert put the cart before the horse on this? Hopefully, we'll get some helpful information in the near future.

Edited to add: The app on my phone for the system does work well, as long as I'm in close proximity to the 5'er and the WIFI can connect. I can control all sorts of things like the lights, slides, etc. This new system will allow me to control all that from any distance using cellular technology, as well as acting as a hotspot.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Our 2019 381M came with this Connect Anywhere with Voice system, and we are having a heck of a time getting it connected. There seems to be very limited information on how to get hooked up. The pamphlet says to go to AT & T and get an "activated" SIM card and install it in the module. I went to our local AT & T store and they had no clue what I was referring to. I contacted Lippert CS, and the tech said I needed a IoT (Internet of Things) Data Plan SIM card. I googled that, and found this link:

https://marketplace.att.com/products...&tags=lte-intl

Back to the AT & T store and told them what I needed, and they were still somewhat clueless. They did attempt to set up a plan, but when they put in my IMEI number, their system said it was an invalid number. I went to our local GD dealer and asked them if they could shed some light on what I needed, and was told by three service persons that they too were trying to figure it out without success.

If I go to the link above, there is a pull down menu where you choose your device, the choice being required to purchase the SIM, and there is no reference to the LCI device that I could find. I put in a call to GD CS yesterday to see if they could help. I was transferred to a manager I think, left a voice mail, and have not received a return call yet. Looking on the FB Momentum page, there are others in the same boat.

Bottom line is... HELP!!!

John

Edited to add LCI's link: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...tart_Guide.pdf

Hello!

OK so first... are you trying to use the voice control option or just the phone option off your handheld? If you are trying to do voice activated... do you have an Alexa (Amazon Echo) hooked up? I have asked the supervisor of the one control system from LCI to get with me on this question to see what else i can offer as advice!! Waiting to hear back

Thank you!

Emily

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Hello!

OK so first... are you trying to use the voice control option or just the phone option off your handheld? If you are trying to do voice activated... do you have an Alexa (Amazon Echo) hooked up? I have asked the supervisor of the one control system from LCI to get with me on this question to see what else i can offer as advice!! Waiting to hear back

Thank you!

Emily
    Good Morning Emily!

Okay, let me try to clarify my issue. The Connect Anywhere actually serves two functions. First, it acts as a local WiFi so I can use my phone (or tablet) to control the coach functions. This is similar to a wireless back up camera where the camera and monitor communicate via a WiFi signal. The range is limited and there is no internet connection. That function works well using my phone. The second function is the Connect Anywhere uses cellular technology so I can access the coach from literally anywhere using my phone and the internet, I can use the coach as a mobile hotspot, and I can access functions with Alexa. This requires a SIM card to allow the Connect Anywhere system to connect to the cell towers. The first step in setting this up is obtaining an activated SIM card from AT&T (or T-Mobile) and installing it in the Connect Anywhere module inside the coach. This is where I'm stuck. AT&T has no ideal what to put on the SIM card (what sort of data plan) to activate it. The LCI CS rep I spoke with said to get an IoT (Internet of Things) plan, but when AT&T tried, the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number on my module was not recognised by their system, so they could not activate the SIM card. I hope that makes sense...

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Good Morning Emily!

Okay, let me try to clarify my issue. The Connect Anywhere actually serves two functions. First, it acts as a local WiFi so I can use my phone (or tablet) to control the coach functions. This is similar to a wireless back up camera where the camera and monitor communicate via a WiFi signal. The range is limited and there is no internet connection. That function works well using my phone. The second function is the Connect Anywhere uses cellular technology so I can access the coach from literally anywhere using my phone and the internet, I can use the coach as a mobile hotspot, and I can access functions with Alexa. This requires a SIM card to allow the Connect Anywhere system to connect to the cell towers. The first step in setting this up is obtaining an activated SIM card from AT&T (or T-Mobile) and installing it in the Connect Anywhere module inside the coach. This is where I'm stuck. AT&T has no ideal what to put on the SIM card (what sort of data plan) to activate it. The LCI CS rep I spoke with said to get an IoT (Internet of Things) plan, but when AT&T tried, the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number on my module was not recognised by their system, so they could not activate the SIM card. I hope that makes sense...

John

Got it! Wanted to make sure I understood correctly so I am glad you clarified. OK. Here is the info i received from LCI....

1. Have your customers purchase SIMs from the “IoT Markeplace” website below instead of the “BYOP” website.

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1ogJEjr...ags%3Dlte-intl

2. Select the North America LTE Data Plan by clicking on “View Details”.

3. Once selected, they’ll be asked for “Connectivity”, Quantity of SIMs desired, and will then be asked to select the device they’re using from the pull-down menu. Please select “Not Sure Yet” at the top of the list.

4. Once that step is completed, they can add the SIMs to the shopping cart and complete the checkout process.

NOW.... if you cannot get this to work from these instructions... or this is what you have done already (in a nutshell), here is what LCI would recommend

the customer would need to call at&t corporate or email one of the direct contacts we have, and you can contact LCI support for that info (574-537-8900) prompt for ONE CONTROL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Got it! Wanted to make sure I understood correctly so I am glad you clarified. OK. Here is the info i received from LCI....

1. Have your customers purchase SIMs from the “IoT Markeplace” website below instead of the “BYOP” website.

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1ogJEjr...ags%3Dlte-intl

2. Select the North America LTE Data Plan by clicking on “View Details”.

3. Once selected, they’ll be asked for “Connectivity”, Quantity of SIMs desired, and will then be asked to select the device they’re using from the pull-down menu. Please select “Not Sure Yet” at the top of the list.

4. Once that step is completed, they can add the SIMs to the shopping cart and complete the checkout process.

NOW.... if you cannot get this to work from these instructions... or this is what you have done already (in a nutshell), here is what LCI would recommend

the customer would need to call at&t corporate or email one of the direct contacts we have, and you can contact LCI support for that info (574-537-8900) prompt for ONE CONTROL
    Thank you Emily, that helps a lot! Knowing to chose the North America plan and "Not Sure Yet" on the pull down menu helped. My only other question was how much data to buy. I just chose 500MB as a starting point, and can adjust as I need to. Once I receive the SIM card and finish the registration process, I'll update this post for future reference. Thanks again!

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update...

I followed the above instructions and finally received my SIM card in the mail. Today I installed it per the instructions and followed the instructions to complete the registration on Lipperts website, and it still would not connect. I called Lippert and spoke with George. He suspected there was a setting in the coaches router that was incorrect. He walked me through logging on to the router using it's IP address and changing that setting. Voila! It works! I'm at work and using the phone app I can control stuff. I was just turning lights on and off and stuff, and had my DW verify it was working. Pretty cool!

John

Edited to add: I can also access the coach and control stuff from my computer (or other device) by logging on to https://lippert.force.com and using the One Control tab. This is cool because one might not have the app loaded on all their devices.
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 11-29-2018 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added link.
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John

I can here your wife now, she will be in the camper doing something and you will see that there are lights on and turn them off , followed by your wife screaming at you.
    This is a cool feature but one I would have to have fun with.

Brian

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @EStahley are there any plans for this to work with Google Home as well?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast