User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas, do have the gutter ext. for my home blower but that's a gasser and didn't really want to take it. Will be looking into electric with attms. Still can climb ladders but after a triple ankle fracture and hip replacement(same side) the wife gets real antsy with off the ground stuff. Easier to find other ideas then to listen to the "you OK" every 30 seconds.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got one of those gutter kits for my blower... don't use it any more. It doesn't work well when the leaves, etc., are wet and sticking to the tops of the slides. I have one of those little Camco collapsible brooms. I put the head at a 90 degree angle and climb up my step ladder and just sweep off the slide tops. I strap the ladder to the RV ladder with rubber straps and the whole thing takes less than 10 minutes. I also don't have to do it unless there have been trees overhead (like there are where we are now - I'll have to do it Friday morning before we roll).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall lee View Post
    Thanks for the ideas, do have the gutter ext. for my home blower but that's a gasser and didn't really want to take it. Will be looking into electric with attms. Still can climb ladders but after a triple ankle fracture and hip replacement(same side) the wife gets real antsy with off the ground stuff. Easier to find other ideas then to listen to the "you OK" every 30 seconds.
    I'd get the toppers and make your wife happy. Your wife sounds like mine, terrified something might happen to you. Her peace of mind is worth the $$$ and with your injury history she is probably right (as they usually are).

Also agree with the suggestion of asking another camper if they could sweep them off for you, at least until you can get toppers. I know I wouldn't hesitate to do something like that for another camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these Ryobis and love it! Great around the house too!
    Rick & B
    2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L, LB, SRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS Fifth Wheel
    Pullrite Superlite 20K

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee and I thought one of the advantages to slide toppers was not having to clean the tops of the slides of debris before retracting.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Gee and I thought one of the advantages to slide toppers was not having to clean the tops of the slides of debris before retracting.
    That is the advantage, sometimes there are leaves or such that gets blown in under the topper. I have not had many issues with this but have had a couple.
    The other problem is they are just another awning, so when retracting if there is wet leaves or debris sticking to them you may want to brush off so they are not rolled up in the fabric.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a 12.5' telescoping ladder that I purchased from Amazon. Like others I also carry a battery powered leaf blower. I usually climb up on the roof and blow off the slides. If you're unable or uncomfortable to do it from the roof you could use a ladder like this and a broom or leaf blower.

Bob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41tSKgpQ8JL.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	17791
    Last edited by grampscamper; 02-20-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Our first trip I used a broom. Saw a guy using a leaf blower and thought, what a great idea. Have used on since. If in an area where debris is going to be little to none, I will use a step stool and blow them off. When parked under heavy tree cover, I get on the roof and blow off everything.
    I've been thinking on doing this with a cheap battery powered leaf blower and a short telescopic ladder.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    I carry a 12.5' telescoping ladder that I purchased from Amazon. Like others I also carry a battery powered leaf blower. I usually climb up on the roof and blow off the slides. If you're unable or uncomfortable to do it from the roof you could use a ladder like this and a broom or leaf blower.

Bob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41tSKgpQ8JL.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	17791

X2 on this....I most likely will move in this direction.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a push broom head the same width as the amount of extension on my slides. I am going to build a pole and bracket for it so I can sweep the top of the slide from the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast