User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had slider toppers on several of my motorhomes.. I didn't order on my new Reflection 28BH. They work great in nice weather, although a bit noisy in wind. If you are doing any winter camping you MUST bring in slides before any snow or ice. It sits on toppers and makes it so you cannot bring them in.. It also puts lots of strain on the slide where they hook to the outer part. In case you have to move for and emergency you just have to let ice etc melt before doing so. They wear out in a few years. Not a fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not wanting to climb or carry another weighty piece of equipment for the job, I made a simple “mop-on-ropes” to wipe the top of our slide before retracting. Parts are listed and pictured in thread here, started by Jim from PA entitled “poor man’s/temporary slide topper” (search). The mop is in the middle of 30’ of rope. We round-house swing it to the slide top like swinging a jump rope and take turns pulling it back and forth across the slide. It’s light weight and works well. If the job can get done with my feet on the ground, I’m happy ( said the gal who climbed on the porch roof to scrub the awning)!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time we were at Camping World they had a small, light weight blower for $27. DH uses it to blow off the slide and topper before bringing it in. We also use it to clean up around the campsite. Works great for us.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houndbb,
    Your idea was fantastic! I made my mop sweep with mob head and 60’ of cord. It worked like a charm. This method took the worry and concern out out my packing up process. Feet on the ground greatly reduces chances of injury. THANK YOU!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thornhill View Post
    I bought a push broom head the same width as the amount of extension on my slides. I am going to build a pole and bracket for it so I can sweep the top of the slide from the ground.
    I did this years ago for our previous TT. Works great on the fiver too.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I think I need to clean the tops of I put my smartphone on a selfie stick and take a video to see whether I need to clean them or not.

If I need to (and don't want to climb the rear ladder I use this attached to an electric blower.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slide toppers would be easiest...but, they also give you something else to worry about and maintain. Not a fan.
    I only wipe it off if it's wet to keep water out of the trailer and we can't wait for it to dry up. Otherwise, I'm not concerned about pine needles and/or leaves hurting the seals. They won't. I've never had a seal problem
    in about 25 years of ignoring them.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Install slide toppers. Then wash the leaves off with a hose (from the ground) as the slide moves in and the topper rolls up.

Rob
    How did you install a slide topper on the the dinette slide on the 303RLS? I looked at it and the canopy posts are in the way of the slide topper attaching hardware. I’m installing Lippert slide toppers on the fridge slide and the bedroom slide but don’t see how it can be done on the dinette slide.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123