User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleaning slide out tops before retracting

Whats a easy way to get the leafs off the top of the slide, you can walk on roof but.... not me anymore.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then it'll take an extension ladder to get up to where you can reach the tops to brush off the leaves/pine needles. I don't like putting my slides in when wet because I end up with mold on all the kitchen cabinets. Any trash on top of the slides can also bounce off on the floor when it dries out.

I just climb my ladder and use a battery powered leaf blower to blow trash and water off the tops. Those fold up ladders from Harbor Freight are great for RV'ing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall lee View Post
    Whats a easy way to get the leafs off the top of the slide, you can walk on roof but.... not me anymore.
    Install slide toppers. Then wash the leaves off with a hose (from the ground) as the slide moves in and the topper rolls up.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob got to get the bank acct up a little after moving from TT to 5er but have been looking at toppers.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first trip I used a broom. Saw a guy using a leaf blower and thought, what a great idea. Have used on since. If in an area where debris is going to be little to none, I will use a step stool and blow them off. When parked under heavy tree cover, I get on the roof and blow off everything.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always get on the roof and sweep the slides off and have my wife start pulling them in as I get done. It sounds like this is something that no longer works for you which probably leaves working off a ladder something you would rather not do either. I would just ask someone to help you out. Most RVers are always willing to give a fellow RVer a hand. I would. Just a thought.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blower is a really good idea. You could even put an extension on there and maybe do it from the ground in a good enough fashion.

If you have the extra moo-la and don't want to have to screw with it when you move, invest in slide toppers like Rob suggests. We've had them on every rig, never had to mess with getting stuff off the slide.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have toppers, and haven't tried this, but perhaps this: https://www.amazon.com/Worx-WA4092-U...+gutters&psc=1
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Our first trip I used a broom. Saw a guy using a leaf blower and thought, what a great idea. Have used on since. If in an area where debris is going to be little to none, I will use a step stool and blow them off. When parked under heavy tree cover, I get on the roof and blow off everything.
    This is exactly what I do. I have an 18v Ryobi blower I take every trip and get on top and blow the slides and awnings off just before retracting. It also works very well for keeping the outside pad clear of debris on the camp side of the coach and blowing off the ground side when folding it up for storage. I also have a drill, hand vac and air compressor that runs off the same batteries that I take with me when camping. Handy tools to have with you.

I hope the day I can't climb on top is a long ways off. Not sure what I would do then. Perhaps Ryobi makes a kit like the one Keebler linked to for my blower. I'll be checking into that...not my favorite thing to do even now, climbing on top of my coach.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    This is exactly what I do. I have an 18v Ryobi blower I take every trip and get on top and blow the slides and awnings off just before retracting. It also works very well for keeping the outside pad clear of debris on the camp side of the coach and blowing off the ground side when folding it up for storage. I also have a drill, hand vac and air compressor that runs off the same batteries that I take with me when camping. Handy tools to have with you.

I hope the day I can't climb on top is a long ways off. Not sure what I would do then. Perhaps Ryobi makes a kit like the one Keebler linked to for my blower. I'll be checking into that...not my favorite thing to do even now, climbing on top of my coach.
    I have that Ryobi too. Works great. If you can't get on the roof, you're going to need a step ladder. That blower is REALLY powerful.

BTW, that long black nozzle comes off, leaving you with a nice, short blower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryobi-leaf-blowers-p2180-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	16352
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast