User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Lidreaux

6 pt leveling and warranty

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this...
    Before we purchased our Solitude, we specifically asked the salesman and we also asked someone from GD (won't mention a name) if the 6 pt leveling could be used to change a flat tire. We were told "Absolutely!" We just read that doing that voids the warranty so I wonder why they would give us misleading information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lidreaux View Post
    Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this...
    Before we purchased our Solitude, we specifically asked the salesman and we also asked someone from GD (won't mention a name) if the 6 pt leveling could be used to change a flat tire. We were told "Absolutely!" We just read that doing that voids the warranty so I wonder why they would give us misleading information.
    Is the leveling system capable of lifting the rig to change a tire? Yes. Is it a safe practice? No way. Have people done it? Yep...BUT, If the rig fell while you were changing a tire due to the system failing, would the warranty cover the damage to rig or person? Um...no way. The Lippert manual even states that it should not be used for changing tires.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Lidreaux
    Appreciate your input and I agree with you. We also read it in the Lippert manual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would know if you did? Some things are better kept to yourself.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Loaded 385TH

My old 2008 53' Weekend Warrior with Quad Axles

I used the system to rebuild my whole suspension system on my 2008 53' Weekend Warrior with Quad Axles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flash drive 155.jpg  

Lidreaux
    This is true mtpocket but if we had not read the manual and used the leveling system to change the tires and something bad happened to my hubby, I would not be a happy camper (pun intended). I guess I'm just one of those "what if" kinds of people. I should have had a job in safety. LOL

Lidreaux
    Loaded 385th, that is interesting. Apparently, it can be done and apparently they put the "voided warranty" statement in the manual for liability issues....just in case.

Loaded 385TH
    These pictures are from when I had the Level Up Installed By Lippert Components. This was their test for my system as you can see in these pictures all 8 tires off the ground!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flash drive 321.jpg   flash drive 322.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think using the same precautions as you would using a jack there is no more "danger" by using the trailer jacks. I think the statement by the manufacturer is just a CYA in the warranty. If you read the fine print on a manual for a floor jack it probably says don't get under anything lifted by the jack. I carry a bottle jack but I dont think I would hesitate to use the jacks on the trailer in certain situations. In some cases it would be safer than using a jack. I would think the trailer would be better supported with three jacks down the side rather than a single lifting point. You would think the vendor would have more confidence in their product and maybe they do and its the legal department.

Reading around the forums there are stories of people auto leveling the trailer and ending up with wheels off the ground. Is that a built in warranty voiding feature . There sure are a lot of trailers running around with voided warranty's.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have auto leveled mine and had tires completely off the ground.. And had a slow leak, and used the hydraulic jacks to raise it high enough to remove the wheel.
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison