User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which tank does the water pump pull from? I assume that the tanks equalize both ways, if you fill one or the other it is irrelevant? True?

When we had all the plumbing issues I bypassed the Nautilus and replaced everything with PEX. I no longer have the pump or tanks even plumbed but this winter while I'm on our site here in FL I want to get it plumbed back into the system. I'm glad this topic came up because I had no idea that was how they had the tanks setup.

Good info thanks.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Which tank does the water pump pull from? I assume that the tanks equalize both ways, if you fill one or the other it is irrelevant? True?

Good info thanks.
    Since the tanks are both connected at the bottom, the pump pulls from them both essentially. The pickup tube is likely in the main tank, since it is closer to the pump. That would be my guess anyways.

Yes, the tanks equalize, over time. The line that connects them is small diameter so the one being filled will fill faster and overflow before they equalize. At that point, fill the other tank or wait for them to equalize and top them off a few times.
    2019 Momentum 381M
    2018 Denali Dually LB with B&W Companion puck hitch
    Polaris RZR XP1k and Ranger 900XP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the great advice. I failed the first time trying to winterize. The cold water low point drain was leaking and I had pressure but it soon died before I could get pink flowing from every faucet. After reading the words of wisdom, here, I decided I had three things to do.

1. I had to flip the washer in the cold LPD. Hint: The tapered side goes away from the plug.
    2. I reversed the screen in the Nautilus input port
    3. I raised the bottle of antifreeze to the same height as the input port.

Voila! Thanks again!
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12