User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snap Pads Installation Question

I've read good comments on the Snap Pads and would like to get a set for our new Solitude. Most of the sites where we will use this rig have concrete pads but a few have only a sand/grass base so the pads would be helpful.

OK I have no truck so the coach will be set up for me by the storage guys. I can raise the middle and rear legs but not the landing gear. Maybe I can get the storage guys to come by and hitch to their truck long enough to install those on front.

Once the rig is leveled with the auto level system, can you raise and lower any of the other legs one leg at a time? Does the snap pad have to be perfectly centered under the leg to attach?

All this 5th wheel stuff is new to me.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed these on our 5er and they do need to be very close to centered. There is a chamfer on the top lip to help but works better to be centered.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put them on ours and we put the fronts on first. Put some dishwashing soap on the snappad and the bottom landing pad. Mine came down one at a time, so we able to line them up. One of mine did not want to snap because the ground was unlevel, I had to put a stick under the side and it snap right on.

I can only raise the front 2 at the same time or the rear 4. I can not select each leg.

Yes the pads need to be centered as much as possible. As we lowered them we would get them just right.

I have seen a difference in them in the dirt and grass.

Good luck with them.

Monty
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]