Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told that you can aid air to a tire that already has nitrogen in it. As far as tires go, I've had Goodyear G and now H series on my last 3 RV's. I prefer the beefier tire and added security. Just my opinion.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, nitrogen is a gimmick. The only pro for having nitrogen is its ability to resist changing pressures with temperature changes. If you aired a tire with nitrogen at 0 degrees to 80PSI and then checked it at 80 degrees, the pressure would still be 80PSI. Test have proven this. You can't get those numbers with plain old air. Google nitrogen filled tires and you will find too much information on the pros and cons, but from what I have read over the last 5 years, it is mostly a gimmick. When I checked my trailer tires, nitrogen filled, the pressures were all over the range of 75 to 85 PSI. All checked at the same OAT and same time. I put in air and have not looked back. I changed my ST tires to LT a few weeks ago, air filled now. But they do contain nitrogen as air is comrised of 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and small amounts of argon, carbon dioxide and other gases. This is dry air, the air we breathe is approximately 1% water.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They put Nitrogen in mine when I had them swapped on the new trailer. I have used plain old air ever since. Not worth the trouble for the benefit from what I see. I am a little obsessive with tire pressure. The trailer doesn't move unless I put a gauge on the tires. My little pancake compressor doesn't make nitrogen. Everyone I have asked said no problem mixing them.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. When I had my BMW I was told never to mix nitrogen with "regular" air. Everything else I drive has "normal" air. Like mtpocket, my compressor doesn't make nitrogen. I was just curious what other were doing. I have heard both sides of the mix/don't mix argument.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all a gimmick, unless you have a nascar where 1/4 pound is a major difference or a plane with so much of a rapid temperature difference it is not that important. That is why tire stores tell you to go ahead and mix the two because it wouldn,t matter.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to some good info on the pros and cons of nitrogen in your tires. After reading it, I think I'll just stay with good old regular air and keep a close eyeball on pressures.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...140721223823:s
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nitrogen filled tires can be toped up with air; however, it dilutes the benefits of the nitrogen. The supposed benefits of Nitrogen is that the molecules are larger than the mixed air filled tires resulting in less air leakage every tire is subject to.

I am looking at getting nitrogen for my trailer tires because last year, I had to stop and dump air in my trailer tires several times because they increased over 30 PSI due to the temperature increase from driving from 0F in Ottawa, Canada through increasing warmer temperatures as I was driving Southward towards Florida and its a real pain and waste of time stoping each time to do that.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123