User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Firestone airbags with an onboard compressor and dual air gauge installed in the center console (under the censer seat) on my truck. It smoothes out the ride for us in the truck and for the trailer. Im amazed at how things haven't moved in the trailer after going over some big bumps so they must work. I've also found the ride much smoother with the hitch Grand Design installd on the Solitude. Not sure if they use the same on the Reflection.

i like Eaglehead's suggestion of a hitch with an integrated airbag system but still would want a slider hitch. Being a newbie, in 2010 when I bought my truck and trailer, I didn't know about the Anderson hitches. I think there is also another company that makes 5er hitches with integrated airbags, but could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows?
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    I understand the "cheaper and lighter" thing. I do not get how the Anderson "takes the place of a slider". Care to explain?
    With the Andersen hitch , by design, it gives you a 9" setback, 5" of it is from the offset where the ball mount is and 4" is from the offset from the king pin mount.
    Go to Andersenhitch.com and watch the video.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John & Lisa View Post
    I took a hard look at the Andersen hitch. There is about a 4" setback. I ended up with a goosebox. No hitch in the bed. Just a removable ball. I have been in some tight spots past 90 degress with no problem.
    The major problem with a gooseball hitch is that it voids the frame warranty and is not safe for towing a trailer as heavy as a camper ( unless you only travel short distances and even then it still voids the warranty). Goose neck hitches were and are primarily used for farm and stock trailers as they don't have the mass and weight on the hitch like a camper does. This is not necessarily just my opinion so don't shoot the messenger, call Lippert or Grand Design service and find out for yourself. Just because something exists doesn't mean that it is safe.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    The major problem with a gooseball hitch is that it voids the frame warranty and is not safe for towing a trailer as heavy as a camper ( unless you only travel short distances and even then it still voids the warranty). Goose neck hitches were and are primarily used for farm and stock trailers as they don't have the mass and weight on the hitch like a camper does. This is not necessarily just my opinion so don't shoot the messenger, call Lippert or Grand Design service and find out for yourself. Just because something exists doesn't mean that it is safe.
    I think @John & Lisa is referring to the Reese Goose Box which is the only gooseneck adapter that's approved by Lippert... http://www.lci1.com/goose-box

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected,I wonder how expensive it is? The Andersen is only $499.00.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Goosebox was about $1,000. We just traveled from Florida to Maine and back in 9 days. No problems at all. And yes LCI approved it.
    John and Lisa
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1849
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that it worked well. Florida to Maine and back in 9 days sure sounds like a lot of driving to test it out!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short bed Ram here with Reflection 293. I installed a Reese Sidewinder pin. Works great, no moving parts, weighs less than a slider system and gives you more room in your box. No issues with bed clearance. Friend of mine did the same with his Ram short bed and Reflection 303.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dang it, I "kissed" the cab of my F350 with the trailer while backing up at too sharp an angle. Totally my fault, and very minor ding. But it can happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123