User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with Retracting leveling jacks today

We had winterized and closed up our new Solitude for storage at the RV park in Myrtle Beach. The storage guys said to raise the four leveling jacks and leave the landing gear down, of course. I read the manual carefully and even called my salesman to confirm how I should do that.

Based on the manual and the instruction placard below the control pad, I followed the instructions for 'Getting Ready to Hitch Up.' It said to power on the panel and the display should read 'Jacks Down.' It then said to press both the right and left arrows and the middle and rear jacks would raise and the landing gear would adjust to about the position where it was when it was last hitched.

When I pressed the left and right arrows, I got a message 'Error, Feature Disabled.' It then said 'Press Enter to Accept.' I shut the system off, waited a bit and tried again and got the same error message. I checked the written instructions on the placard again and I was satisfied that I was doing what it said to do.

Sunday morning so no one to call at the dealer. My wife had become ill the night before so we had to get on the road to home....a 6 1/2 hour drive. I left the rig as it was and called the office and told them about it. I asked them to let me know if I needed to call the dealer first thing Monday.

When we got home I called the RV park and was told they were able to move the rig to storage so I will assume they got the jacks raised.

So, what did I do wrong? Or, is there a problem with the system?
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did nothing wrong. The system just (probably) lost power (battery switch turned off) at some point since you unhooked. When the system loses power it looses "short term memory" of what your unhook/hookup height is. Mine does that in the above conditions and gives me the error message 'Error, Feature Disabled.'

If my system looses memory, I use manual mode. Turn on LevelUp system, wait until display comes up - mine displays the battery voltage, use the down button to scroll down to "manual" mode, press "enter" to select manual mode, press "retract" (to raise the jacks) red light next to button should be on, press and hold "rear" to raise middle and rear jacks - or maybe press "left" and "right" together. I am doing this from memory (instructions should be in your manual).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris you are correct. I just press the rear and it will raise both sets of rear jacks.

John
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. It makes sense now since I had the battery disconnect off several times since drop off and leveling to install a battery disconnect switch on the batteries. The info on the leveling system in the Grand Design owner's manual is not comprehensive. I just looked on LCI's website and found the manual for my system and it includes info related to this issue.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to help. Enjoy your trailer.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Mine works the same but never had the "right" instructions to tell me that. I looked at the manuals, the instructions on the little screen and even went to Lippert and downloaded a manual. Everyone of them different. Got some close enough that I was able to "wing" it. Still not sure how everything works
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed