User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout window lock

Can't believe we are the only ones with this problem. Both slide out windows now have the plastic spring loaded window lock fractured. Both sides of bottom window which slides up and down to allow ventilation are broken. Plastic pin locks into aluminum window frame and we all know which part fails first. Do I need to remove complete window and frame to replace or just inside flange to pull out bottom glass? Where can I buy 4 new ones and 4 spares as I'm sure these will break again?

Thanks for any guidance.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RT1149 View Post
    Can't believe we are the only ones with this problem. Both slide out windows now have the plastic spring loaded window lock fractured. Both sides of bottom window which slides up and down to allow ventilation are broken. Plastic pin locks into aluminum window frame and we all know which part fails first. Do I need to remove complete window and frame to replace or just inside flange to pull out bottom glass? Where can I buy 4 new ones and 4 spares as I'm sure these will break again?

Thanks for any guidance.
    Sorry, don't have any guidance, but how old is your rig? Ours is 2 years old and we've had no issues with those windows. I wish some of the other windows worked as well as those do.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RT1149 View Post

Thanks for any guidance.
    RT1149--since you're a site sponsor may I suggest you fill out your signature line? That will help those that want to respond but are unsure of your setup. See my signature below as a starting point.

To edit your signature, click on SETTINGS (it's at the top, right side of the webpage) and then on the SETTINGS page that subsequently opens look on the left side and you'll see a link to EDIT SIGNATURE. Click that and edit away. Any questions--fire back!

(Sorry--I can't help with the window question!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get these replaced? Just back from a trip and I broke two of ours. Looking for parts? And replacement instructions.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pieces of cheap plastic sound like the same thing my Momentum 25G has in the sliding patio doors that fill the ramp opening. Mine were broken from the get go but I didn’t realize what the problem was until I examined the sliding window more closely. My dealer, Woody’s RV, doesn’t think the pieces are available from GD, let alone directions on how to replace them. Frustrating....
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2011 RAM 2500 4x4 Megacab 6.7 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the part I have coming
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E86E2A53-AFB7-49BA-9107-86E652B5C5E1.jpeg 
Views:	318 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	27576

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tburandt View Post
    Did you ever get these replaced? Just back from a trip and I broke two of ours. Looking for parts? And replacement instructions.
    Were you able to fix this terrible design or find replacement parts?
    2020 Momentum 25G

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received the parts yesterday. I believe I have to disassemble the entire window frame so I’m going to wait until I have more time to complete. I’ll repost when complete to let people know how in-depth the work is. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC746462-7A74-4F19-B7F8-919B70E89F48.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	27700

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s great. I was able to chat with a Lippert representative a few minutes ago who sent me this image for my Patio Door sliding glass. And a price list; I am happy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	386BCEE6-C68C-4A22-810A-E4233AE35337.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	27702
    Last edited by rpmclean51; 07-01-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    2020 Momentum 25G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re you able to find a good way to install these pieces? I am struggling trying to figure out how to remove the plastic locking pieces.
    2020 Momentum 25G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast