User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuse for the landing gear is inline near the battery. I think it is 30 amps. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    The fuse for the landing gear is inline near the battery. I think it is 30 amps. Don
    Thank you - GD informed me of this location also, and, yes, 30 amp.

Weird or what - I had the rear switch quit this evening. Dropped the legs, then would not retract. Could NOT get the hand crank to work. Couldn't get it to line up with the rod or post or whatever it's called. The end is about 4 - 5 " inside the side wall, under the dining slide. Moved the slide out and centered the crank - fit just fine, but not enough clearance to turn. The hole in the slide skirt doesn't line up with the hole for the manual crank - out a couple of inches. Pretty crappy design. To deal with the problem on the front levelers, I actually had a slot cut in a 1/2 " impact socket so I could use my driver to raise and lower the front legs. Tried that on the rear - with the slide out. The socket is about 3 1/2 " long, and it went all the way in the hole. When I tried to withdraw it, it caught the edge and pulled off my driver. Had to remove several of the sheet-metal screws from the sealed underbelly to get inside and fish for it. Don't think I'll be disconnecting my rig any time soon!!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When my rear landing gear quit working, it was the switch that had failed. It was not a fuse issue. Once I replaced the switch, it worked fine.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    When my rear landing gear quit working, it was the switch that had failed. It was not a fuse issue. Once I replaced the switch, it worked fine.
    TY

I'm hoping that's all it is. I've ordered 2 switches, but am travelling. (Put on 5500 km in last 7 weeks). Tried to guess where I would be in "2 to 3 weeks delivery time", and had them shipped to a dealer in Calgary AB. Hope we get there at the same time.

The fact that the switch works one way (down) but not the other indicates that it is the switch. I just can't imagine having more than one fuse per switch - but ?????.

Pat

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pat - Check out post 19 of the thread below and you can see how the switch failed. There is a plastic shaft that will break. On mine, it would work one way (extend) for a period of time, but not retract. Then, the plastic shaft completele separated and the system would not work either way.

Jim
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ghlight=switch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat and Linda,

Tank level sensors NEVER read properly. It is the nature of the sensors themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12