User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jmrtxfb

Angry Annoying issues! Water Heater and FW landing gear issue!

Re: Reflection

Water heater won't keep water hot. I have to flip switches on/off to get pilot light ignited and going. Runs long enough to heat water. Then gets cold and I have to plan to switch switches on/off to have hot water. Very annoying.

Front landing gear breaker "breaks" every other time I extend. The first time I had to read manual to figure out how to crank manually. It doesn't tell you that you have to remove the propane tank to access the crank hole nor does it tell you that it takes 10-15 revolutions to lower maybe 1/4 inch. Terrible design. Very disappointed in these issues however small they may seem considering how much I made for this high end unit.

While I'm griping why 3 keys for four different doors?????

I've got numerous trips planned and my dealer is 55 miles away for service, plus they're busy. Will have to live with these issues til after camping season.

Very disappointed.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmrtxfb View Post
    Re: Reflection

Water heater won't keep water hot. I have to flip switches on/off to get pilot light ignited and going. Runs long enough to heat water. Then gets cold and I have to plan to switch switches on/off to have hot water. Very annoying.

Front landing gear breaker "breaks" every other time I extend. The first time I had to read manual to figure out how to crank manually. It doesn't tell you that you have to remove the propane tank to access the crank hole nor does it tell you that it takes 10-15 revolutions to lower maybe 1/4 inch. Terrible design. Very disappointed in these issues however small they may seem considering how much I made for this high end unit.

While I'm griping why 3 keys for four different doors?????

I've got numerous trips planned and my dealer is 55 miles away for service, plus they're busy. Will have to live with these issues til after camping season.

Very disappointed.
    Hi @Jmrtxfb,

I set you a private message (PM) asking for your 17-digit VIN, name and phone number so our Customer Support team can contact you directly. Or, if it is more convenient for you, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly at (574) 825-9679 to discuss your concerns.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to take an "educated" guess on the landing gear breaker blowing every other time the landing gear is extended. Most likely, the fuse is blowing when the landing gear is retracted too far, reaching the safety switch (blowing the fuse); thus preventing major damage to the gears and motor. At the next attempt to extend the landing gear it does not work and the operator is disappointed. If this has happened to you, please note where the landing gear legs are positioned at the time they will not extend. Replace the fuse, extend the legs approx. 1/2" and either paint or mark the legs with a permanent marker at the location the legs enter the outer casing. This will provide a reference for stopping when retracting the landing gear without activating the safety feature (blowing the fuse). The operator will not be disappointed !
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Jmrtxfb
    Issues continue. FW landing gear dropped to ground, 10th hole. No educated guess needed. Breaker still breaks! Heater still not working correctly. Worst of all, just got back from a 4 day camping trip. I should've just taken a damn tent. Water pump sputters, little to no water for 4 nights!!!! Hot water in the toilet!!! Ya'll must've built mine on Friday.
    What a POS for owning it for 4 months taken it out 4 times and this!!! Lights under slide out now not working. What next?

More than disappointed now. Damn sure not happy.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you contacted customer service as Janet requested? Their response to problems has been outstanding, but you need to do your part as well. Have you talked to your dealer?

As for me I would check the wiring at the battery and landing gear for loose wires etc.

Hot water may just be one of your valves not quite set in the correct position allowing water to mix.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad valve in my control center which restricted the water flow and didn't allow for much hot water. It was a milling problem with the valve company. Sorry you are having so many problems - after my few - minor glitches - I love our Reflection 337.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Jmrtxfb
    I spent quite a bit of time checking wiring and settings on control panel. I did check wiring and as far as I can tell nothing is loose. The valve "clicks" in to place so doesn't matter where I set it pump sputters. I called my dealer the week before July 4th with the initial issues. They could not get me in however they did help me troubleshoot the landing gear and learned that there is an inline fuse. The manual does not reference a fuse!
    I got in late last night and called my dealer salesperson and service mgr. first thing this morning. I was very clear of my disappointment and they will "take me in" this Saturday. I did call GD and have played phone tag with their service rep. Really not much they can do but have me take it to selling dealer. Sorry doesn't go very far at this point. We just love the floor plan and the style and one big selling point for me was the poster of the GD owner's "testimony" about their company.
    My biggest concern now is if I've had these issues in such a short time what does that mean long term for this product.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tx Panhandle - my valve clicked in all the positions fine but still did not function properly. It even seemed to work during out PDI. What was wrong was the milling internally within the guts of the valve. My service manage brought the old one out to show me and pointed out the bad milling - they were sending it back to the manufacturer for analysis and review of their process. I believe the company was Anderson Brass out of North Carolina. At any rate - maybe it is something that will help you or your dealer diagnose.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Jmrtxfb
    Update: 30 days later............... Reflection been in the shop Since Aug 2nd. Had to cancel camping trip for Aug 15-18. 6 of 8 issues fixed. The other two issues waiting on parts. Supposedly dealer had to get GD approval to replace water pump under warranty. What kind of service is this?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hi folks - first-timer here.

Bought my 2015 337 RLS as a used unit in Jan. 2015. Previous owner (apparently) used it twice, traded it back for MH. Did not know until money had changed hands that manufacturer's warranty does not continue with second owner - regardless length of time previously owned. By the time I finished howling about that, GD gave me the balance of the first year. Expired in August.

Reading with interest the complaints about the landing gear switch. My front one quit raising about 4 weeks ago, and if there has ever been a more bizarre design feature than this manual cranking process, I don't know what it would be. I swapped my front and rear switches, and the front one would still just lower the rear, not raise, and the rear one did not do anything on the front. Swapped them back, and the rear is fine, now front not working at all. Can't find any reference to a fuse or breaker in any of my literature, but saw reference to in-line fuse on this forum. Where is that?

Have also had issues with tank level indicators. They show 3/4 full to full regardless of actual levels. Assume must be a major problem because GD has agreed to address the issue even though warranty expired. My biggest problem is that I am a full-timer. Every dealer I've talked to has told me that they are booking 3 - 4 weeks ahead, and I have no idea where I'll be in 3 - 4 weeks. We're just a couple of gypsies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast