Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bubbled tpo on roof

Hello all. Hoping I can get some advice on where to turn. I was closing up my 2018 reflection 337 RLS for the winter and when I went up to clean off the roof I noticed that there were two areas (probably at the plywood seams) going across the width of the camper where the TPO ? had delaminated away from the plywood underneath and raised up about 3/4"across the width of the trailer. The delaminated strips are about 2" wide. There are other areas mostly near the edges and corners that also are not adhered down and have the same pocket of air under them. Is this a legit warranty issue and if so should I contact Grand Design?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely call GD and get it documented with pictures. Would try to get dealer to look at it as well.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggie, I've noticed the same type issue with my unit. Have you contacted GD and gotten some answers? We full time in our 2018 312BHTS.....cold winters, and hot summers in Tennessee. I'm wondering if this too is normal, a defect, damaging something underneath, etc. Please let me know what you found out if anything.

Thanks in advance!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did call Grand design and spoke with someone in customer service who told me the delamination was probably not a defect but do to the stresses incurred by hauling over the road etc. I responded that I do not haul my RV and that the only time it was on the road was when it was not owned by me but by them or the dealer. I also let him Know I did not agree with his assessment as I am a builder and would not leave a roof that I had done in that condition. He then told me to have a camper repair facility come out and document with pics. I had him give me a case number as I will not be able to have this done until april when I uncover the RV. Not a good initial feeling about this since it seems there first response was to tell me this is normal. This is not normal and is a defect but we will see what happens. wish you luck with yours. Let me know if you get any satisfaction. I will post again about my situation when I get someone out to document failure.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your follow up. Did you happen to get any pictures of your issue before you stored your unit? I’d like to compare yours with mine if possible. We stay in our coach extensively and I look, inspect, and try to check everything all the time with ours....I too work in construction, the knowledge we have can be a curse sometimes. That being said, Grand Design has always been very responsive to my needs....we traded our 2017 Jayco for our 2018 Grand Design JUST for the customer service. I’m aware nothing is perfect, but I feel they will correct yours and my issues completely.
    Please let me know how this works out on your end.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a weird one. Upon pre-purchase inspection of a (now my) used '17 315 RLTS I noticed a long bubble, about 6 inches, by about 2 inches, just forward of the ladder. Since the trailer was "as is" I figured I'd deal with it in the near future. After getting the trailer parked under a cover the bubble has totally disappeared!! My nephew is a master RV tech at a CW and says the bubbles will come and go depending on atmospheric conditions, here in Texas. Once I have the rig out on a trip and in the sun we'll see if Mr. Bubble comes back............
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon!

I too have this issue on my 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800. I spoke with Shawn Thoms yesterday (Regional Service Manager for Grand Design) and he was trying to blame it on water somehow got underneath the flooring material and is causing it to pull away from the trailer. I have had two RV repair shops look at it and both have concluded this is NOT the case and more than likely the roof is debonding from the trailer and this is a manufacturer defect. Unfortunately I am out of my factory warranty period and my extended warranty doesn't cover roof membranes or adhesives. Go figure! I will post pictures later for you all to see. I can tell you based on my experience the bubbling will NOT go away, it will only get worse. Once it does, as you travel down the road air will find its way underneath and begin to pull it up even more.

Please PM me if you are experiencing this problem. I will be moving forward and seeking legal advice against Grand Design for their negligence and failure to mitigate this.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrew View Post
    Good afternoon!

I too have this issue on my 2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800. I spoke with Shawn Thoms yesterday (Regional Service Manager for Grand Design) and he was trying to blame it on water somehow got underneath the flooring material and is causing it to pull away from the trailer. I have had two RV repair shops look at it and both have concluded this is NOT the case and more than likely the roof is debonding from the trailer and this is a manufacturer defect. Unfortunately I am out of my factory warranty period and my extended warranty doesn't cover roof membranes or adhesives. Go figure! I will post pictures later for you all to see. I can tell you based on my experience the bubbling will NOT go away, it will only get worse. Once it does, as you travel down the road air will find its way underneath and begin to pull it up even more.

Please PM me if you are experiencing this problem. I will be moving forward and seeking legal advice against Grand Design for their negligence and failure to mitigate this.
    I have noticed "bubbles" along the edges of my 2019 Reflection 320mks. Smaller bubble areas are showing up in other areas of the roof. I have the unit at the dealer, where purchased for warranty work, and was told repair shop via text message that the cause is created by the membrane appears to have waves in it from a tight adhesion to the press board and is "glorifying" the imperfections in the board or "maybe really bad glue lay by the manufacture. The service dept says this does not appear to be effecting the the membrane other then the appearance. Technician doesn't have a fix for this other then a complete tear down of the roof. The shop further added that when they looked at the roof, it has bubbles down each side due to tape used by factory. Factory supposedly runs duct tape down the corner seam to keep the corner from rubbing through the membrane when roof is installed. The roof glue does not stick to the duct tape. This causes the roof membrane to appear to be "bubbling" or "rippling" There are no issues other then cosmetic and nothing to worry about per the repair department. The above was documented on my work order per the dealership. It was further mentioned there is no fix according to dealership.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also having problems with bubbles. They’re all over. Sent a photo to the dealership and haven’t heard anything back. Hopefully this picture shows up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	28471
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nisbitch,
    That is not right no matter what the dealer says. What year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast