Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are currently on our third trip in our 2019 297RSTS

No major issues and we love it.

However, I notice that the #1 Gray tank is reading full. I decided to drain some into a portable tank for disposal. Water came out a bit weak, then slowed to a trickle, then pretty much ended. Got about 10 gallons out before it quit.

I suspect the valve is not opening or there is some obstruction. Any suggestions on trying top get this tank emptied for the trip home?

I should have known something was up on my first 2 trips. I could never get that tank completely drained, but it always slowed to a trickle, so I assumed it was almost empty.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieDon View Post
    No major issues and we love it.

However, I notice that the #1 Gray tank is reading full. I decided to drain some into a portable tank for disposal. Water came out a bit weak, then slowed to a trickle, then pretty much ended. Got about 10 gallons out before it quit.

I suspect the valve is not opening or there is some obstruction. Any suggestions on trying top get this tank emptied for the trip home?

I should have known something was up on my first 2 trips. I could never get that tank completely drained, but it always slowed to a trickle, so I assumed it was almost empty.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I wouldn't put much stock in what the sensors are reading. They are notorious for not being all that accurate. After a while with your rig, you get a "feel" for when the tanks are full.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I wouldn't put much stock in what the sensors are reading. They are notorious for not being all that accurate. After a while with your rig, you get a "feel" for when the tanks are full.
    x2 on livinthelife’s comment. These gauges are famous for being inaccurate. From your description, the tank is draining completely . . . regardless of what the gauge shows.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a check you could dump 5 gallons of water in , then drain in to the 5 gallon bucket and see how much you get. This could be skewed though if you do have a blockage of some kind and the tank is really holding water from draining. I have heard of some that found the leftover plastic part of tank when they drilled the hole for install though.

Brian

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem, I had an obstruction and the valve never shut all the way. When I would drain the tank not much came out since in reality it was mostly empty. This was confirmed when my sewer discharge pipe and hose froze last winter. I recently replaced the valve and found a bunch of hair where the valve seals. No issues with the new valve, I did upgrade it to a Valterra valve. My grey sensors usually read between 1/3 to full, like mentioned above they rarely show empty. It might be better if they had tank flushers, but it's not worth the effort for me to want to install them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    For a check you could dump 5 gallons of water in , then drain in to the 5 gallon bucket and see how much you get. This could be skewed though if you do have a blockage of some kind and the tank is really holding water from draining. I have heard of some that found the leftover plastic part of tank when they drilled the hole for install though.

Brian
    Good idea. I will try that.
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I had a similar problem, I had an obstruction and the valve never shut all the way. When I would drain the tank not much came out since in reality it was mostly empty. This was confirmed when my sewer discharge pipe and hose froze last winter. I recently replaced the valve and found a bunch of hair where the valve seals. No issues with the new valve, I did upgrade it to a Valterra valve. My grey sensors usually read between 1/3 to full, like mentioned above they rarely show empty. It might be better if they had tank flushers, but it's not worth the effort for me to want to install them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    GD could help out some with better documentation. I had thought that the shower / kitchen sink tank was the valve next to the black tank valve, but it appears that the valve at the Nautilus panel drains that tank.

Opening the gray tank valve beside the blank tank valve produced but a trickle. The panel valve generated a strong flow consistent with a full tank. After draining the gauge still show 1/3 on #1 and empty on #2 .
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how your 2019 297 is configured, but if it's the same as mine, the gray tanks are plumbed as follows:

Gray tank #1 - Pull handle under the frame - holds gray water from the kitchen sink and the bathroom shower.
    Gray tank #2 - Pull handle in the basement storage area - holds gray water from the bathroom sink and the washer/dryer drain. On my coach, the one under the frame captures much more gray water than the one on the panel in the basement.

I verified which tank drains each plumbing fixture by first draining the tanks, then placing five gallons of water into each drain and seeing which valve controlled it.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I'm not sure how your 2019 297 is configured, but if it's the same as mine, the gray tanks are plumbed as follows:

Gray tank #1 - Pull handle under the frame - holds gray water from the kitchen sink and the bathroom shower.
    Gray tank #2 - Pull handle in the basement storage area - holds gray water from the bathroom sink and the washer/dryer drain. On my coach, the one under the frame captures much more gray water than the one on the panel in the basement.

I verified which tank drains each plumbing fixture by first draining the tanks, then placing five gallons of water into each drain and seeing which valve controlled it.

Jim
    That is not how mine is. The panel valve drains the tank that captures the bathroom sink and shower. The frame valve only handles the kitchen sink. I also drained the tanks then poured water into each area to see which valve released the water. I don't have a clothes washer so I did not check that.
    Would like to hear from GD if they changed that configuration from 2017 to 2019.
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 has kitchen only going into the tank with the valve by the black valve. The one by the nautilus drains bathroom sink, shower and I assume washer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast